Chapter 118 - Hell Hole

KINGDOM OF ARCHESIA
ROYAL PALACE

A squad of Archesian Royal Guards armed with their modified Mauser's for a firing line overlooking the Palace Eastern side gates.

A wave of beasts began barreling down the tight alleyways.

*BANG*

*Chichink*

*BANG*

A Cardonian security advisor watches in amazement as how these Archesian Royal Guards easily dispatches the waves of monsters with deadly accuracy.

Almost all of their 7.62mm NATO round found their way through the skulls of the ravenous beasts. They are barely stopping the onslaught of demonic beasts.

He cock's his trusted black SCAR-L and began joining the Archesians in raining down accurate fire.

He can only exclaim as he watches his students land better shots with their decades old rifles.

Chaos and confusion has already consumed the capital city of Archesia. Soldiers and Militia's were already deployed to quell the sudden appearance of monsters in the middle of the busy streets of the city.

But everyone have a single common goal, and that is to get out of the city, fast. The Archesians were effective in their crowd control, and within half an hour most of the public were already out or behind defensive lines.

Of course their evacuation procedures fall behind to that of the quick response of the Cardonians, but for the advisors on the ground, they performed great for a civilization in the middle ages.

Gore and mud mixed together creates this stench smell that quickly filled the air of the Capital. Along with the black soot from the dozens of small fires igniting from different parts of the medieval city.

Cardonian soldiers stationed at the Capital began coordinating the confused local security forces. The air strip and the new booming market just outside the city were immediately secured after just an hour. The massive waves of monsters and beasts were immediately met with automatics. This enabled security forces to at least secure the perimeter of the Capital.

The Cardonian soldiers garrisoned at the outskirts of the city where in for a shock as they began coordinating the thousands of civilians fleeing the city.

Dozens of Cardonian technicals prove vital in the very quick establishment of command and control on the ground. They were fast and agile, like wolves they shepherd in the dozens upon dozens of lost lambs.

Mitsubishi L200's, Toyota Hilux's and Nissan Frontiers that were previously used solely as military police vehicles and reservists are now strapped with 50 caliber machine guns, a sturdier front bumper, extra spare wheels and gas canisters. They were conceived initially as compliments and force multipliers with other lightly armored vehicles in the Royal Army's arsenal, now they are serving as scout and frontline vehicles. Most stock units from warehouses are also being bought at half prices with the same mission set in mind.

With multiple deployments in Giniana and Archesia. The number of vehicles present in their inventory is clearly stretched so far and wide thus they resorted in using the most cost efficient way of providing heavy suppressive fire on wheels. That is technicals.

And these Japanese trucks are also well fit with the environments they are deployed. Their outstanding reliability on the wide uncharted roads of these otherworldly countries is very handy, match it with their efficiency and ease of maintenance in the field, they are the perfect tool.

With the outskirts of the city well secured. Efforts to retake the city are quickly well underway, but everyone knew it wouldn't be easy.

Ironic that the walls that should be protecting them from monsters from the outside are crucial in keeping the wild beasts locked inside.