Chapter 58 - Azalean Delegation Part 3

KINGDOM OF CARDONIA
CLEOS NAVAL BASE

*We are here live at the Reliance monument just outside the Cleos Naval Base. The Azalean Princess hve visited this memorial for the slained sailors and the damaged ship itself this morning. The Princess is said to give a speech before the media and some family members of the fallen sailors this evening. This would be then the first official statement of the Kingdom of Azalea eversince their neighbour has fired upon our ship, the Reliance.*

The Azalean Princess have spent her morning mingling with the locals of Cleos, she then proceeded at the naval base wherein she payed her respect to the monument dedicated for the slained sailors of the now dubbed Battle of Northern Dylasla. She also inspected the Reliance undergoing major repairs and her first major refit.

The Cardonian Navy would take the opportunity on the ships down time to incorporate a new radar, fire control and communication suites. The Saab supplied systems would be replaced with all indigenous designed systems that is said to be more powerful and reliable than the Swedish ones and spares wouldn't be an issue. For example was the Sea Giraffe AMB currebtly installed at the R-Ckass frigates, the new AESA 4D Radar by ExS promises better performance and technology. The whole system would be incorporated on a newly designed integrated mast. The project is three way joint venture by large private defense companies namely Exodus Systems (ExS) and MAL Defence (MALD) and with state owned Cardonia Aerospace and Space Industries (CASI).

The surviving systems and some slightly damaged ones would be transplanted and integrated to the Courage. A Cardonian licensed built Kortenaer Class frigates by the Dutch's. She is undergoing her Mid-Life Upgrade on an adjacent drydock. Most of her outdated systems including her combat management system is being replaced by a Cardonian one derived from the successful Saab 9LV which is also currently in service with almost all Cardonian ships.

The Princess also witnessed the loading of various  military equipments on the two of the Region class LST's. Additional T-72's, artillery and APC's are going to reinforce the Cardonian forces near the border of Scharen.

The news of the Princess's speech reached the Azalean delegation who only have arrived at the hotel from the tiring military exhibition. They've witnessed live fire exercises and basic combined arms doctrine of the Cardonian military, the drills were a pure display of shock and awe.

All eyes were at the giant tv at the hotel's lobby.

The Azalean Princess then finally appeared, she is wearing a formal Azalean Royal dress. It a simple and elegant white long dress, made out of very fine silk material and embroidered were a yellow flower that symbolizes the Royal Family's crest. She is also wearing a small silk hat that perfectly harmonizes with her dress. She is absolutely stunning.

"Good Evening, People of the Kingdom of Cardonia. It has only been a day since I've arrived on this magnificent country. It was a very surreal experience to see a very modern and sophisticated country rather than my own Kingdom. We Azaleans have crossed the ocean and mountains for us to develop very warm cordial relations to improve both our economy and society. Unfortunately, your peaceful country, especially your peaceful diplomatic mission towards our continent were deliberately attacked by our rival neighbour, it saddens me that because of greed, many has have to die. We respect your immediate military response against the Empire of Scolus and the troublesome Kingdom of Dylasla, for far too long they have been colluding against us and were ransacking many other small nations around us because of our  indecisiveness, we have been pushed around for far too long!"

"For far too long our many different ministers have turned a blind eye on the wrongdoings of our neighbour. I am speaking to you, yes my very own countrymen who is with me here at Cardonia. Eversince the illegal and forceful occupation of Dylasla on the Kingdom of Scharen, the Dylaslans have violated our peace treaty. It was clear as day that they purposely violated our treaty! AND YET?! It took us a hundred years before Cardonia did what should we have done earlier!" the soft toned Princess speaking in very old Cardonish accent, bursts.