Chapter 20 - Cardonian Might

After circling the Capital City of Esden, the A320 carrying the Prince and his entourage finally landed on the Esden International Airport. The Archesians are once again had their jaws dropped as they marvel on the size of the airport. Several big white 'planes', far outsizes the one they've took. Several 747's and even an A380 could be seen on the apron.

They were then guided towards silver looking 'helicopters' slight bigger than the one they've also took from the Town of Brancel. What they are staring at is NH90 helicopters, three of them are readied to ferry the Prince and his entourage towards the palace.

They've taken flight and was able to once again see up close, the tall glass buildings dominating the city of Esden. They are on full disbelief on what they are seeing. A bustling Capital that does not have any semblance on their own.

But they were delighted to see a familiar building. Although modernized and renovated throughout the years, the Palace have the semblance of a medieval castle.

After they've landed, they were once again was greeted by a red carpet, but now, Royal Guards litter the whole Palace grounds, a military Bugle team is also performing and hundreds of people are also taking a peek. It was a greeting fit for a King.

They then proceed inside the palace, it's majestic looks reverberates thoroughout the interiors. Artworks, chandeliers and elegant furnitures dominates the gothic style interior of the Palace.

They've quietly march as Royal Guards greet them with salute as they travelled across the halls. They've then reached a wooden regal door, and once opened lies a majestic throne room.

And it's already packed with what looks like the top officials of the Kingdom of Cardonia. Several cameras and reporters are also mixed in, broadcasting the event 'live' throughout the country.

It's been two hours when the King announces the new Regent for the Armed Forces, every citizen are now glued their eyes on their television as a historic event unfolds.

The holder of the title of Crown Prince has limited authority on the armed forces. The position although has jurisdiction for it's own Battalion, it's serves as sort of a private army for the Crown Prince. And once the Prince is then crowned as King, this battalion is then embedded to the Royal Guard and at the same time a new battalion is formed for the new Crown Prince.

The entourage was then cut short in the middle of the throne room. The Crown Prince then proceeds alone towards the King.

There is a great space dividing the royalty and the officials. Prince Andruei can be seen standing on the left side of the throne room. On the right side are what seems to be the Royal Family. Everyone was clothed to their traditional clothes from the 19th century. The Crown Prince himself changed his attire while on flight, he majestically carry his red military uniform and of course his small golden crown.

They've watched as the two chatted for a bit.

The Prince then lowered to his knees as the King rises from his throne. He then unsheathed a golden sword full of jewelries.

"This very sword symbolizes the might of the Kingdom of Cardonia. It can be used to kill or protect, thus only those capable of handling this responsibility are entrusted with this sword." the King recited.

"With the developing events surrounding our great country. I am afraid this old King now lacks the judgment to properly protect this great country. Thus from this moment onwards, the Crown Prince is now the Regent for the whole armed forces of the Kingdom of Cardonia." the King said as he handed over the golden sword to his grandson, the Crown Prince.

"Long Live the King!"

"Long Live the Crown!"

"Long Live CARDONIA!!"