That's Not Me

Heartbreak Girl is the song of the chapter bc I'm like intently listening to it okay.

We are at 3k you guys omf :D I appreciate all you little kittens so much thank you for your support (:

~~~

Zayn cursed and stuck the pad of his thumb into his mouth, hissing in pain. The doorbell had rung and he slipped up with the knife he was holding, cutting open his finger.

The doorbell rang again and Zayn irritably walked to the front door, opening it with his free hand.

He was clearly shocked to be met with a face full of different-colored flowers. A smiling Liam was holding the bouquet.

"What...?" Was all Zayn managed to mumble as he removed the finger from his mouth.

"I know it's three days after valentine's day but I didn't really get the guts to do it... And then I saw these flowers today and all I could think was Zayn because they're so colorful and artsy. I hope you like them," Liam rambled, not meeting Zayn's eye.

The raven-haired man gulped before opening the door wider so that Liam could enter, closing the front door with the heel of his foot.

Zayn removed a box of pastels from the counter before gesturing for Liam to put the large bouquet in that place.

"It's rather cheesy," Zayn drawled as he turned on the faucet, hissing when the water touched the open cut.

"That's a bit deep. Are you okay?" Liam asked, avoiding the statement and finally looking over at Zayn just to see the pretty-faced man cleaning the wound.

"Yeah, just fine," Zayn answered in return, turning off the water and proceeding towards his washroom. Liam followed.

"You remind me of a puppy," the older stated as he opened the medicine cabinet to retrieve a band-aid.

Liam merely blushed. "And how do I manage to do that?"

Zayn smirked, not answering right away so as to carefully choose his words.

"Well, for starters, you seem to follow me everywhere. You're built like one of those golden retrievers... You look like one, too, with the huge brown eyes and all. You're cute like a little dog, as well."

Liam scratched his arm, feeling awkward with Zayn's words. Zayn hardly ever spoke very much- especially to him. Usually when they're around each other, Zayn just does his own thing and is oblivious to the longing looks that Liam sends his way.

Zayn successfully taped the band-aid around his thumb even though he'd end up peeling it off within an hour. It was just how Zayn was. He didn't like things that confined him- in any way.

"Thank you for the flowers and all, Liam. But can I ask if you bought anyone else flowers... Say Harry or maybe a girl," Zayn spoke as he pushed gently by Liam.

Of course the bigger lad followed right behind.

"Harry's got Louis for those things and... And I don't like a girl. I like a boy. So... That wouldn't work very well."

Zayn stopped in his tracks and closed his eyes. He didn't like this very much. Zayn liked girls. He didn't like puppy-dog lads who followed him around like a stalker.

Zayn could admit that he had a soft spot for Liam. But he didn't have feelings for the man.

However, Zayn did feel a dip in his stomach when Liam stepped forward and placed his hands on Zayn's hips, dipping down to speak in Zayn's ear.

"I like you, Zayn. I hardly know you, but I know that I like you. And, sure, it sounds mad. But I'm certain," Liam announced, trailing his arms to testily snake around Zayn's torso.

But Zayn wasn't having it.

"It seems as though the gay has fallen for the straight. And I'm certainly not starring in a stereotypical teen movie where they eventually end up as a couple. Because that will not happen," Zayn says cooly, slipping from Liam's grip.

Liam was frozen in shock. He hadn't expected that. In fact, when he'd told Louis about bringing Zayn flowers, the older boy had squealed in delight and said that Zayn would most likely be thrilled because Zayn didn't like people but he seemed to like Liam.

Obviously, Louis was wrong.

Without another word except "Sorry", Liam left the apartment, almost in tears.

~~~

Louis giggled into his kiss with Harry, squealing when the younger snuck his large hands into Louis's shirt.

"Stop, Harry," Louis giggled softly, not particularly in the mood for anything sexual. He just wanted sweet right now.

Harry groaned like a child and pulled his hands away, pecking Louis's lips a few times before leaning down to answer his now-ringing phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Liam."

"Li? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just need a friend."

"I'm on my way," Harry answered immediately before hanging up.

"Liam needs me. Wanna come, Tomlinson?"

"I would just love to come, Styles. But you need to get to Liam."

Teasing bastard.

~~~

QOTC:

Is Zayn even okay??
No lol the real question is:::

Should I write a separate story for Zayn and Liam?? I've been thinking on it but idk. It would have Louis and Harry in it, of course. But mostly be based on Ziam. Would anyone be interested or should I keep it all in C&C?

PQOTC:

Hobbies??

MA:

I'm pretty typical and in the same range with my hobbies. I like to read and write, obviously. I'm in a musical theater class because I love both singing and acting. I like to color lol. And I absolutely love music. I'm learning the acoustic guitar and I can play the piano and the electric guitar, making the acoustic easier to learn. I also like to cook. You can say I'm an artistic person.