The Beauty and the Boxer

So mainly a Ziam chapter hehe with a small Larry piece in the end.

~~~

Zayn woke up with a headache. He blinked groggily and looked out the window of the apartment. The blizzard had finally ended overnight. He should be able to leave soon.

It's not that he didn't like being here, as he had for a week. Liam was kind. Zayn liked that Liam mainly kept to himself, seeing as how the Bradford lad preferred to stick to his own as well. It was a bit funny how little Liam talked to him, but he didn't truly mind.

He stretched out his limbs just as the door opened. Liam came in the room wearing gym shorts and a sweat shirt. There was chalk dusted over his hands, which were gripping a duffel bag. He was a sweaty mess. Liam came in like this every morning.

Zayn hadn't asked about Liam's morning routine- which seemed to be the same every morning- but he decided to chance it.

"Uh... Where you been?" He asked suddenly, scratching a spot on his bare chest. Liam jumped in surprise, dropping his bag to the floor. He blushed and bent to retrieve it before looking over at Zayn, who, for some reason, preferred the couch to the guest bed.

"Oh. The gym downstairs," Liam mumbled.

"But... I recall you showing me a room with your boxing stuff here in your apartment," Zayn said slowly.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't want to wake you."

"It's quite alright, it's your apartment. If I'd've known-"

"You didn't know. It's honestly okay, Zayn. I don't mind using the gym."

Zayn seemed nervous to ask, but he was straight-forward and he wasn't going to change his ways for this boy.

"Why do you live in a place so luxurious if you're hardly home?"

Liam blinked in surprise. "Uh... How 'bout I shower and then I can come talk?"

"Okay," Zayn agreed.

As promised, Liam came back half an hour later, now dressed in sweatpants and a loose, dark blue tee. He had on plain black socks as well. He looked snug. Grabbing a spare blanket from the closet, Liam curled up on the couch beside Zayn, who was sitting under a different blanket wearing a pair of Liam's black sweats and still no shirt.

Awkwardly, Zayn cleared his throat. "So?"

"Oh... So? Uh, the reason I live here is because my manager picked it out and he pays for it. He wants me somewhere roomy and spacious where I'm near plenty of gyms, parks, and health stores. It's also near the boxing studio here, so it's convenient... Why do you ask?"

"I couldn't afford something like this. S'why Louis and I don't live together. One of the main reasons. I met him a couple years back and we lived together but I couldn't pitch in with rent when we did move together. So I moved to a smaller apartment on my own." Zayn blushed when he was finished speaking because he never really spoke that much about himself. He was a tad embarrassed by the money situation.

Zayn hadn't experienced embarrassment in years.

"I want to know... How come you told me you're not a good friend?" Liam asked.

"Because I'm not," Zayn answered simply, dipping down to retrieve the pack of smoked from the coffee table. It was his last one.

He'd bought a new pack right before he headed off with that girl last week and was luckily able to control himself to smoke about two or three a day.

Silently, Zayn lit his cigarette and looked at the ceiling before taking a slow drag from the cancer stick before breathing it out.

"Smoking is a nasty habit," Liam said instead, pointing this out like he had when Zayn asked if he could smoke in the house.

"I saw you smoking last night," Zayn pointe out, staring forward.

Liam blushed. "I was having a problem. There's a few packs in my drawer. I keep them there for emergency stress moments."

"What was the problem?"

"Today is mine and my girlfriend's anniversary."

"Oh. Congrats."

Liam stayed silent before getting up suddenly. He came back with a pack of cigarettes and lit one himself, joining Zayn in slowly quickening his death process.

"She died two years ago."

Zayn glanced over at Liam before sighing. He knew death was a god awful thing.

"Oh. Care to share?"

Liam sighed and tapped his knuckles together.

"It's actually not my story to share."

The beautiful boy removed the cigarette from his lips, raising an eyebrow. "Whose story is it, then?"

"It's Harry's."

~~~

The loud knocking on Harry's apartment door woke both Harry and Louis up. Louis actually fell off the couch, where the lads had fallen asleep the previous night wrapped in two blankets.

They'd been a couple for three days now but their relationship was going just as their friendship had; only the random kisses were a newer addition. (Harry rather liked that addition. ((Louis liked it more.)))

Anyways, the knocking was a bit frantic and Harry didn't like it one bit. He grumbled and got up, making his way to the door. It was cold without Louis in his arms. As soon as he opened the door, warm arms enveloped him in a hug.

"Harry!"

It was Harry's sister. She was crying.

Louis heard the commotion and slowly woke up as whispering sounded from the hallway. He scrunched his tiny brows together and let out a shaky yawn.

"Harry?" He called.

Harry gasped and Louis knew something was wrong. The lanky boy was suddenly stumbling into the living room, tears leaking down his face. Louis's frown was deep.

"'Arry? What's wrong?" He mumbled sleepily.

Without words, Harry guided Louis to the bedroom and gestured for him to put clothes on. When finished changing, both boys accompanied Gemma in the hallway and Harry handed Louis a coat.

Soon, the three were in Gemma's car. The girl was driving while Harry and Louis sat in the back. Harry was still crying. Louis finally spoke up, but only in a shaky whisper.

"What's going on, Styles?"

"My mum... I'm going to loose her again, Tomlinson. But for real this time."

~~~~

Soooo cliffhanger.

Wtf is going on?

xD I'm evil sry

I hate cliffhangers tbh.

QOTC:

So suddenly Liam's girlfriend is thrown in! Where does she fit in?

What does Harry mean by 'loosing his mum again'? Again? If she isn't already dead... How is he loosing her?

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VV IMPORTANT

Buy a box of tissues and your roller coaster tickets now.

One hug per order.

xx