7

Kathryn

Oh no. I knew he had a catch somewhere. I just looked at him not saying anything waiting for him to continue.

He clears his throat before starting. "As you know I am 25 and I haven't really met someone who I wanted to pursue anything with. I went to the chosen ball when I turned 21 but didn't find anyone. After that I refused to go back. Until my brother died."

I looked up "what does your brother have to do with any of this?" I ask.

He looked down guiltily. "Well you see, there's something else I haven't mentioned yet. I come from alpha blood. When my brother got killed the title automatically went down to me as the second oldest."

Wow, an alpha. But judging from his truck it couldn't be a very big pack. Even our pack as small as we are had decent cars. 

I nodded my head and he took that as a gesture that he could continue.

"This happened as I turned 23 and my parents put a lot of pressure on me to find someone. So I could strengthen my wolf and the pack with a Luna. But i couldn't find someone. Then about 3 months ago I made the mistake of pursuing my best friend and beta's little sister."

He looked down at his hands before he continued. "We went for a run a little over a month ago and our wolves rejected each other. I haven't felt my wolf since."

I just sat there shocked. There was another women. He didn't go into all the detail but I could tell they got close, otherwise his wolf wouldn't have left.

I cleared my throat and looked him straight in the eye. "I am not going to be anyone's second choice. If you're still heartbroken I don't think we should continue this."

"No!" he shouts. "Uhm, sorry I mean no...it wasn't like that. I didn't love her. It was a choice of comfort. Yes, I cared for her. Still do. And I thought if it worked we could grow in love. But I am in no way heartbroken. The rejection did damage my wolf though. Which is why I am currently wolf less. That's why I came to the ball again. To see if I could find someone and maybe regain my wolf." he finishes. 

"Oh..."

Before I could say something he speaks up.

"Look Kathryn, I understand if you want me to take you home and never see me again...but I really like you and I think we could be great together."

"Okay." i say. 

"What?" He looks at me surprised.

"I said okay, let's see where this goes." i look back up to him.

I didn't know where i got the confidence from, me the poor little shy girl. But, something was puling me to this man. 

He smiles that big smile again. And grabs both my hands and lifts them to his mouth. He looks up at me for a split second before kissing both my hands. I struggle to hold back a shudder.

I am in deep trouble if this doesn't go well.

James

I couldn't believe my luck. Across from me sat the most gorgeous girl and she agreed to see where this goes.

Granted, this time we'd have to take it slow. Limit contact, not go too far. The next full moon is in 3 weeks and then we can see if our wolves are compatible. But will my wolf resurface in time?

The thought of it going well excited me.

"Thank you so much Kathryn. We will do this right. Limited contact so we don't get too attached and in 3 weeks we will go run. Does that sound good?"

Surprise crossed her face. "Uh, yes. That sounds perfect. But uhm my aunt will like to meet you first I think."

"Sure, I don't mind at all. It might be good for them to meet me because if this goes well you will come with me to my pack. You will become my Luna."

She looked down for a second before looking back up and nodding.

"Dinner at my house tomorrow?" she asks. 

"That's perfect. I can't wait."

We get up and I walk her to the truck. On the drive back I couldn't help but take her hand in mine holding it in her lap. She didn't move away which made me happy.

Definitely no contact in the next three weeks. I wouldn't be able to resist.

Authors note:

What do you guys think so far? Thank you for reading!