17

Kathryn

He took the truck around to the back where there was a huge garage with underground parking. As he parked the truck I started looking around and saw an abundance of other cars, from SUV's to Audi's. I started getting nervous remembering that this was in fact the royal werewolf pack.

As we got out I reached for my bags but James quickly stopped me. "I will send for someone to come and get those." He says as he holds out his arm gesturing to me to follow him. We walk towards the lift and once inside he taps on the nr. 4.

That must be the floor he lives on.

Once on the floor I quickly saw that he looked nervous.

"Uh... I know this is not that much. But I do have my own apartment up here, since I am the Alpha. So we will have privacy. It has 3 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, and a kitchen and a nice open plan living and dining area. The other pack members won't disturb your privacy so you don't have to worry about that."

I didn't want him to worry about that, this was great.

I grabbed his hand squeezing it. "James, where you are will be my home. So don't worry okay?"

Relief floods his face as he quickly kisses me.

"I will show you around later. The rest of the pack have their own areas, some have single rooms and they all share the pack kitchen. Each with a chore list."

I nodded my head as he guides me inside his apartment.

"We do have some help cleaning the place, but not everyday. So everyone takes care of their own space most of the time and as mentioned we share chores." he continued.

It was then where my breath was taken away by the view from his apartment as we entered the living/diningroom. There were floor length windows with a view of the forest. It was truly breathtaking. To the right was the kitchen and to the left were the 3 bedrooms.

Feeling shy all of a sudden I just stood there.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the furthest room. "This is my room, well, our room." his cheeks reddening a bit.

Did he just blush?

"Uhm, you don't have to sleep here yet. I asked my sister to get the spare room ready for you."

I wasn't quite ready sleeping in the same room as him yet. Everytime we explored our relationship further I got more comfortable. Which means I will probably only be in the spare room a week. But I wasn't there yet.

"Spare room is good." I say as I smile up at him.

All of a sudden his eyes changed just a little bit and he was looking at me like he has never looked at me before. It ignited a fire inside of me I didn't realise I had. I bit my bottom lip while moving slightly closer to him while still looking up at him. I grabbed his jacket wanting to pull him closer.

"Where is this confidence coming from girl?" Cat voices.

Ignoring her I continue to follow my instincts as I pull him towards me and I raise myself on my tippytoes to kiss him. I could feel his breath against my lips...

Just then the door to his apartment flew open and an unfamiliar voice started speaking.

"Jamie, did you get a mate and think you could sneak her past me?"

I felt James sigh against my lips, grabbing the back of my head he swiftly kisses me and whispers "to be continued." Before he straightens up and looks at the intruder.

"Bob." he says as he nods his head to the stranger.

Said person was tall, bulky and had dark surfer like hair swept to the side. He was quite attractive. Surfer boy walks towards me with his hand outstretched.

"Hello Jamie's mate. My names Robert,  best friend and beta of pack Valois."

"Kathryn" I say "mate of...uh" looking at James smiling "Jamie..." I finish as I wink at him.

"I LIKE her!" Roberts says.

"Who do we like?" another voice asks. As all three of us turn to look at the door. A pretty brunette was standing there. Looking a bit uncertain of herself as she slowly walks in.

"Rebecca..." both James and Robert say at the same time.

James looking uncomfortable and Robert looking like he was regretting not locking the door.

Uh oh...this must be the almost mate.

A/N

Kept this one short as it is more of a filler. And wanted to end with a cliffhanger!

What do you think the situation with Rebecca will be like?

Shoutout to littlesweets313 for always voting and commenting!