7 ◂ Plans

◂ 7 ▸

Jaemin stepped into the apartment, followed closely by Jisung. 

It was still dark outside. 

"Why did you come so early?" Winwin asked disapprovingly as he closed the door behind them. He drew his eyes up and down the younger boy. "You know she didn't get home until way past midnight." 

He shrugged. "She said she didn't care." At which Jisung stepped in with a smile. 

"I texted her before we came, she said it was okay," the youngest reassured happily. 

Winwin nodded. "What else should she have said," he muttered as he turned around and went left into the living room. 

Jaemin looked around the familiar apartment. 

It looked different from theirs, of course. However, if he had to judge, he would have said that it fit the boys well. Clean on the one hand, chaotic on the other. Plain colours made more fun with little artistic details and pictures. 

It looked like a place that all of them had created together. 

On a wall, as part of a big collage, stuck also a picture of the girl. It looked like it was from a while ago. She stood in the centre, the seven boys lined up next to her.

They seemed happy. 

"How long has she been living with you?" Jisung asked as he sat down next to Winwin who hummed thoughtfully. 

He tilted his head. "Not sure." 

"Four years." Kun stepped out of the kitchen with two glasses of water. "She's twenty now, so it's been four years." 

The oldest offered one glass to Jisung and put the other one down on the coffee table for Jaemin to take. 

"How come you never mention her?" Jaemin asked curiously as he stepped forward, leaned against the doorframe and watched Kun sit down opposite Jisung. "I've been here quite a few times already. How come I never saw her?" 

Winwin gave him a brief look. "She isn't home that much and when she's home she often stays in her room," he commented but then added, "you have seen her in passing though." 

"When?" 

"Back when you asked if Xiaojun had a girlfriend." Winwin turned to his phone. "You kept bugging him whenever you saw her." 

"The one that kept sneaking in and out of his room?" Jaemin questioned. "That was Jie?" 

"They are roommates," Kun added. 

Jisung oh-ed. "They must be close." At which the oldest nodded quickly. 

"She's like family," he noted with a smile and briefly glimpsed at Winwin who also agreed. 

"And where are they?" Jaemin inquired, leaned against the doorframe impatiently. 

"Yangyang and Hendery have something to do, they are out of town for a few days. Lucas and Xiaojun are in their rooms. And Jie-"

"Is here," a voice pushed past a startled Jaemin into the living room. The boy turned around to spot the girl standing next to him, drenched in dark from the lack of light in the hallway. She indicated him to step inside. "After you." 

Following Jaemin into the room, she took a seat next to Kun while the boy sat down next to Jisung. He eyed her carefully. Dressed in all black, subtle makeup and hair tied back tightly. 

Printed onto the chest pocket of her blouse was a logo. 

The youngest smiled at her. "Sorry for bothering you so early." It was polite and sweet and unnecessary.