◂ ☆ ▸

there is a character in this chapter called "Han Cho-a" (she is from a different story),, please keep her name in mind or otherwise you might get confused :) 

◂ Bonus Chapter ▸

Sobs. 

Sobs that came from deep within, causing his chest to rise to new heights as tears streamed down his face, their paths glistening on the boy's skin. Lips quivering, eyes swollen. 

Then, filling his lungs with air first, he pressed the loudest scream past those trembling lips of his that he could create. 

It filled the house, caught everyone's attention as he stormed into the living room. It took him a moment longer than usual to find who he was looking for given how blurry his vision had gotten through his tears. 

However, when he found him, a sob escaped him before he rushed over to the boy. 

"Dad!" Jae-hwa whined as he ran up to Jaemin and slung his arms around his waist with all the power he had to offer. 

Jaemin, in awe at how cute the little boy was, had trouble letting go of his adoring smile before he switched it to a more worried expression. 

"Aw no sweetie, what happened~?" 

Seemingly out for confrontation, Jae-hwa turned around, back straight as the 7-year-old looked at the door and shouted, 

"MIN-JI ATE MY COOKIE!" 

Right away, Jisung gasped in utter terror. "She did what?!" 

The girl quickly came running into the living room. Arms crossed in front of her chest, she pouted. 

"Han Min-ji," Jisung said warningly, disappointment deep in his bones.

His cookies?

How could she?

"I did not raise you to steal someone else's cookies." 

Although he was supposed to lecture the girl about her wrongdoings, Jisung sounded rather calm. It was hard for him to raise his voice, let alone at his own daughter. 

"But he ate my chocolate yesterday!" the girl defended herself quickly, knowing very well that this was her only way to get out of this situation somewhat unharmed. 

It was now time for Jaemin to gasp. "Na Jae-hwa," he said in disbelief. "You ate her chocolate?" 

Copying the younger girl's pout, Jae-hwa looked down.

"I was hungry," he defended himself weakly. 

Whether it was out of pure disinterest or because she hoped to make everyone forget about the cookie incident, Min-ji looked around curiously. 

"Where is mom?" she ashed, as she walked over to the kitchen where she got up on her tiptoes in an attempt to get a glimpse out of the window.

To no luck.

She was too small. 

Jae-hwa quickly agreed though.
"Yes where is mom?" he asked, eyes on his dad.

"They went shopping," Jaemin said with a smile. "We are going to have a big dinner tonight." 

Jae-hwa was happy to hear that, grinning right away. "With your friends?" He nodded, making the boy even more gleeful who then turned around and rushed towards Min-ji. "Minnie! Uncle Jeno is coming!" 

The little girl looked at the boy with wide eyes. Disbelief at first, then she grinned widely. 
"Yay!" 

She looked past Jae-hwa and at Jisung who watched his daughter closely, admiring her for the smallest things she did. Walking. Talking. Smiling. Just being there, being close to him, made him feel like his heart was about to burst from how much love he felt.