46 ◂ Family

not to be dramatic but Jaemin in that blue suit and coloured contact lenses almost had me dead

◂ 46 ▸

The Dreamies and Jie had gone grocery shopping together. Jaemin even had a list prepared and all. 

Not that the others cared, no. 

Once he lost sight of just one of them, Jaemin would soon watch them come back to the shopping cart with some random item in their hand, saying 'I didn't know they had those here!' or 'they have new flavours' or 'I am hungry and it looked good'

To be quite honest, the only ones that actually looked for the things on the shopping list were Renjun and Jaemin. 

"Can you go grab a bottle of hot sauce?" the younger asked. Renjun quickly nodded, disappeared into the next aisle. 

Just in time, Jisung came rushing back to Jaemin who had his arms propped up on the card's handle. He smiled as he watched the youngest catch up with him. 

"Do you remember these?!" Jisung asked excitedly as he held a box of cookies in front of Jaemin's face. 

He hummed. "The ones from the gas station?" 

"Yeah! I haven't eaten them in a while," he said. 

"Jie said you'd like them," Jaemin recalled and Jisung nodded. "She was right, hm?" 

Jisung smiled proudly as he let the box fall into the cart. "She has great taste." 

He averted his gaze from Jaemin, let it fall onto the girl that was striding through the store with Jeno and Chenle. They were talking, laughing. 

They seemed to be getting along well. Both, Jaemin and Jisung, were happy to see that. The youngest smiled a little wider,
"She has great taste when it comes to people too." He seemed satisfied. 

"Jisung." 

"Hm?" 

"How are things going with your girlfriend?" 

It wasn't particularly rare for Jaemin to ask about it, yet the situation and environment were untypical. Though Jisung noticed that, he ignored it at first. 

"Great," he said instead. "Cho-a is super busy though, so she can't visit us for a while. But she said she'd come to see us all as soon as she gets the chance to!" 

Whenever he talked about her, Jisung's eyes lit up. The happiness and adoration he felt at the mention of the name alone - Jaemin had always admired that. 

So much so that, now where he felt the same way about someone, it was almost weird. 

"Can I ask..." Jaemin began, hesitating a little before he continued, "...she views us as family, right?" 

"Yep."

"Why?" 

Surprised, Jisung looked at Jaemin with raised brows. "What do you mean?" 

"Like... what did you do to make her feel like that?" 

"Oh," Jisung exhaled, finally understanding what he was trying to say. He pushed his bottom lip out a bit as he thought about it. 

It was kind of hard for him to answer though. Didn't it... just happen?

"I think it's just about how we treated her and how she started to treat us in return. We also hung out together a lot. Do you remember, sometimes when we all had a sleepover together and then Chenle made breakfast for everyone? It just kind of felt like, you know, we were a family."