58 ◂ Victories

◂ 58 ▸

Winwin.

Seonghwa.

Jaemin.

What a trio.

"I have never spent time with you two alone before," Seonghwa said. "This is weird."

"Yeah, it's really weird," Jaemin agreed while Winwin stayed quiet. 

Upon the sight, there came a sigh from the kitchen as Chenle stepped outside, bowl of cereal in his hand. He didn't look at them, just walked straight past them as he muttered, 

"Why are you guys so fucking awkward? Just talk." 

Jaemin gave him a disapproving glare which he didn't notice - he already vanished behind the next corner. A moment of silence, then the door to Chenle's room opened and closed again. 

"Why are we meeting here again?" Seonghwa asked, looked around the room curiously. 

"Cause in both of your places are too many other people," Jaemin said. "And my flatmates were the only ones that agreed to stay in their rooms - partly, at least."

Seonghwa nodded but quickly inquired further, "Yeah but why are we meeting in the first place?" 

Winwin crossed his arms before his chest, leaned back and uttered a depressed, 
"Cause Taeyong made us." 

Seonghwa frowned. "But Taeyong isn't my--" 

"Hongjoong agreed." 

"Oh." 

"Yeah." 

"Then," Seonghwa began, "What's our objective for today?" 

"Did you come here without questioning why?" Winwin asked, almost a little offended by how dumb that sounded to him. 

But the younger quickly shook his head. "I came here cause Jie asked me to." 

Which Winwin would have liked to comment on but he, as well as Jaemin, also received a message from her asking them to 'be nice and cooperate' for the sake of 'friendship and partnership'. 

"So," he began again, "What are we supposed to do?" 

"Become friends," Jeno began as he entered the room, "Since Jie's hanging out with Taeyong and Kwang-sik, he wanted to use the opportunity to get you three to become closer. We will probably all work together in the future and Taeyong knows that you and Jaemin are not exactly the best of friends."

Winwin frowned. "Why am I here? I don't even really know Seonghwa." 

Jeno smiled. "Get to know him then." And with that, he quickly passed them to get some chips from the kitchen.  

Easier said than done. The awkwardness was suffocating, the lack of common interests and topics to talk about was astounding. 

What could they use to bond? 

What could they possibly talk about that--

"By the way, Seonghwa," Jeno said as he came back from the kitchen, briefly stopping in the living room. "Since Jie quit now, are you still going to keep working at the bar?" 

Unsure himself, he tilted his head to the side as he thought about it. The job was meant as a cover, which meant that working there would become useless the second Li Huang stopped being a threat. 

"Not long," he decided on eventually. "I will wait for what Hongjoong has to say." 

Jeno hummed, nodded and then left without another word. And once he was gone, Seonghwa remembered something.