26 ◂ Tired

underlined text is in Chinese~

◂ 26 ▸

Jaemin drank barely anything yet his head was killing him. It hurt a little too much, was pulsating like crazy on its side. 

He held his breath as he sat up, opened his eyes slowly. He was disoriented, didn't quite understand what was going on. 

Next to him on the bed were two plushies, one a penguin the other a polar bear. It looked almost amusing but he couldn't help but ask himself why this looked like the bed of--

"Doyoung?" Jaemin mumbled in confusion when the door opened and Doyoung entered, followed closely by Jeno and Jisung. 

He sighed. "Finally," Doyoung said, walked up to him, sat down on the bed next to him. He ran his eyes up and down the boy, checked his head and the wound on it. "How are you?" 

"My head hurts," he said in return. 

"I'll get you some painkillers but you really need to take it slow," he ordered, sounding worried rather than bossy. 

Jaemin nodded thankfully. "And what about Jie?" he asked. 

"She's in the guest bedroom," Jeno noted with a smile, surprised by the younger boy's care. "Taeyong, Renjun and Chenle are with her."

"They are talking in Chinese. We didn't understand a word, so we left. Haechan's still there though," Jisung added, while he watched Jaemin push the blanket off of him and get up. 

Doyoung frowned, grabbed his arm. 

"Where are you going?" he asked with worry. 

"To go see Jie," he retorted quickly before he freed himself from his grip, got up and made his way towards said room. 

A couple of steps, yet his head already felt like it was wrapped in cotton. Steps wobbly. Unsteady. 

However, soon enough he made it to her room. The door was open, the lively chatter streamed outside. 

"Teach me how to shoot, okay?" Chenle asked excitedly. He took her hand, gave it a squeeze. 

"Sure, when we have the time," Jie agreed. 

That was when Jaemin stepped into the room. It was bright inside, the sun was shining, the talking was light-hearted. 

Chenle was sitting cross-legged on the bed next to Jie, whereas Renjun was sitting on a chair next to it. Haechan was sitting on the foot of the bed. 

In the corner of the room sat Taeyong. He was working on his laptop but he kept glimpsing up to check on the four every now and then. 

Soon enough, Renjun's gaze slipped past Jie and Chenle and landed on the boy that stood in the door, eyes fixated on the girl that was yet to notice him. 

Doyoung had rushed after him just to make sure he was okay.

"You're up," Renjun noted happily. 

At his comment, the others turned their heads towards him as well. Yet, he only looked at Jie. 

Jie who, with difficulty, pressed her palms into the mattress to push herself a little further up and get a better look at Jaemin. 

She ran her eyes up and down the boy. "How are you?" 

He ignored her question. "Are you okay?" he took a couple of steps towards her, then stopped in front of the bed. "You got shot." 

She nodded. "It wasn't that bad. Doyoung took good care of me," she reassured with a smile.