18 ◂ Late

◂ 18 ▸

"Let's play rock paper scissors," Jisung mumbled. His voice crawled through Jie's and everyone else's earpieces calmly. 

The girl raised a brow, tilted her head to the side to try and get a glimpse at Jisung who sat meters upon meters away from her on top of a building across the street that she waiting next to. 

"You can't even see me properly," she observed, given that she saw the boy as nothing more than dark speck against an equally dark background.  

"It's okay, just tell me what you got," he said excitedly. 

In the background, a couple of amused chuckles and a few sighs came from the other boys who were all at their own place somewhere around or inside the building. 

"Alright," she agreed. 

And a second later, ignoring the importance and seriousness of the situation, they started playing.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" Jisung counted. "I got scissors. You?" 

Jie looked down at her hand that was clenched into a loose fist. She hesitated for a second. 
"Paper." 

"I win~" Jisung chimed happily. "Okay again!" 

Before they could continue, however, there was typing on the other end of the call. 

"You can go in through the back, the alarm's deactivated," Haechan noted. "But Chenle needs to distract the guard before I can loop the security footage." 

Chenle hummed from his side. From where she stood, Cho-a could see him wipe his palms off on his suit trousers. 
"I'll go in now. Jeno, can you see me?"  

"Yeah." He was next to Haechan in their van that was parked a little further away. 

At the back of the building waited Jaemin and Renjun. 

"Haechan, tell us when you go it," Renjun reminded. 

"Jisung and Jie?" Jaemin asked. 

"All clear," Jisung said, eyes on the big window through his scope.

Though the window stretched itself over two rooms, it didn't allow him to look in any further than this. However, he had a good look into Go's home office. 

Meanwhile, Jie hung around between the parking area and streets to check whether or not Go was approaching the building. 

She stuck her hands into the pockets of her jacket after readjusting the black cap she was wearing. 

Checking one more time, she hummed. "You're good to go." 

And with that, Chenle stepped into the building, having an excuse prepared with which he could divert the guard's attention just long enough for Haechan to do his thing. 

"Okay, go," Haechan said hurriedly. Renjun and Jaemin quickly entered and started making their way up the stairs, while Chenle was still busy talking to the guard. 

Jie waited patiently when she suddenly heard a soft 'hey' crawl through her earpiece. She didn't quite know that it was directed at her until, 

"Jie." 

"Hm?" 

"Check your phone," Chenle said quietly. 

After checking her surroundings once more and throwing a glimpse at the apartment complex's entrance, she quickly took her phone out of her pocket.