45 ◂ Gold

wrong subunit but the "NCT 127 : Who is STICKER" vid was insane please I was like 'ohh a cute concept~' but Jungwoo said no <3

and as someone who is Yuta biased can I just say that that look suits him so well 😭

◂ 45 ▸

Jaemin hadn't seen it coming. He was shaking with anger- no, fear. Perhaps both, perhaps more. 

He couldn't pretend and act like it didn't affect him at all. 

"Hyung," he called his brother carefully, repulsed by using such a loving word towards someone he hated as much as he hated him.

Doyun scoffed. "'Hyung'?" he asked. "Don't pretend like we are close." 

He was right. They weren't close and there was no need to pretend. Still, Jaemin couldn't help but be nice towards him because-

"Please let her go," Jaemin pleaded, voice cracking when he glimpsed at Jie, who was lying in front of Doyun's feet unconsciously. Jaemin took a hesitant step forward, hands next to his chest, palms facing Doyun. "It has nothing to do with her." 

Laughing in disbelief, Doyun aimed his gun at the girl's head. 
"Do I look like I care about that?" 

"Doyun, please." Jaemin took a deep breath, scrambling through his head to find anything to say. Anything at all that would help, when he came up with an idea. "Don't you think Huang would get angry if you kill her?" 

Doyun raised a brow. "Angry?" he asked amusedly. "If he ever crosses paths with her again she will be dead anyway. Jaemin, that girl might as well be a ghost. I can't believe you are wasting your energy on her." 

He didn't know what to say. What could he say to make him leave her alone? Jaemin had nothing to offer, wasn't in a position to bargain. 

So what could he do? 

"I will do you a favour for the sake of the old times," Doyun then offered, smiling sympathetically. "I mean, after all, I used to call you my brother too." 

And while Jaemin got momentary relief from that, thinking Doyun would let her go - just this once - he soon felt his world collapse when he watched his brother chamber the round, put his finger on the trigger and--

Jaemin jolted awake. Out of breath and eyes ripped open wide, he stared up at the ceiling that was drained of colour in the lack of light inside the room. He felt hot- no, cold. Both, kind of. 

Droplets of sweat rested on his forehead, then began to slip down slowly as he sat up. He pulled his knees up to his chest and buried his face in his hands. 

"A dream?" he whispered to himself, feeling equally relieved and disturbed. It troubled him. 

He turned his head a little, spotting Jeno sleeping calmly on the bed next to him. It was the middle of the night. For a second he was worried that he might have been too loud and might have woken him up but-- 

Jie. 

Jaemin pushed his hands into the cold, empty mattress next to him. He was alone in his bed, without her arms wrapped around him, without her small breaths filling the silence. 

He was alone. 

"Jie," he whispered frantically, pushed the blanket off him and hurried to the door. He opened it hastily, ran out and into the corridor, eyes on the entrance to the living room. 

Dim light, quiet noise. 

Just a couple of steps - steps that were louder than the TV inside the room that was purposefully playing on a low volume as to not bother any of the boys.