48 ◂ Stubborn

Note: Whenever I use "boys" (or "guys") I am talking about NCT/WayV.
When I use "men" (/"man") then I am talking about someone else. 

I hope you enjoy the chapter!

◂ 48 ▸

"It's been a long day," Li Huang said, voice as raspy and unpleasant to listen to as always. "I suggest you go back to your hotel."

It sounded polite and considerate, yet was nothing more than a subtle way to tell them to piss off. All of the boys understood that. So Taeyong was quick to agree. He got up first, followed by Kun, Doyoung and Winwin.

It were only these four that had stayed in the same room as Li Huang for pretty much all of the afternoon. The rest were roaming around the house, chatting and sitting here and there - all under the watchful eyes of Li Huang's minions.

And of this one girl.

She had never spoken to any of the boys directly, yet her face and voice were more than familiar to them.

It was unusual, though, that she watched them.

But the boys shrugged it off when they noticed that Taeyong and the other three came back.

"We are ready to go," Doyoung said drily.

"Finally," Yangyang mumbled, not putting any effort into appearing friendly towards Li Huang. "Let's get out of here."

Just as they were about to get going, Li Huang appeared in the doorway. He snapped his fingers, attracting the girl's attention right away.

She looked up at him timidly, while he merely spat a half-hearted, "See them out."

Nodding curtly, the girl quickly made her way over to the boys who patiently waited for her. They didn't wait because they needed someone to escort them. They waited because they knew she was just following orders and they didn't want to cause her trouble.

She kept her eyes on the ground a lot. By habit, probably, trying not to catch anyone's attention. However, it was this habit that caused her to accidentally bump into her boss' guest.

She looked up at him with wide eyes, nervosity streaming out of her lungs at the terrified breath that escaped her in surprise.

Yet, when she looked up, all she saw was an angelic-looking man that glimpsed down at her with nothing but an understanding smile.

An understanding smile that almost faltered when he noticed that her expression didn't fit the calm look in her eyes. She was collected, steady.

When he noticed that she was just pretending, he almost reacted to it. Only when he felt the slight tuck at his trouser pocket, he ended up keeping himself from saying anything.

He just smiled when she uttered a rushed apology and then watched in confusion as she perfectly finished her little charade before she left to lead them out of the house for good.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Renjun asked. "What did she do?" 

"She slipped a piece of paper into my pocket," Taeyong explained. 

"What did the paper say?" Jeno inquired curiously. 

Only after they got in their cars, Taeyong pulled the slip of paper out of his pocket. 

"What's that?" 

"That girl gave it to me," Taeyong replied quickly as he opened it up, read through it.