60 ◂ Mansion

the Jaemin BOOM era vibes  

◂ 60 ▸

Luxurious. 

Beautiful.

A mansion that was so cleverly designed it would have left any architect speechless. Spacious, elegant, and above all else, it served its purpose.

Space for everyone that needed to stay inside. That wanted to stay inside. That wasn't allowed to leave. 

Li Huang's mansion in the outskirts of Shanghai. 

Unsurprisingly, it didn't only offer a lot of space inside but also outside, with both, a large front yard and an even bigger back yard. 

Jeonghan stepped into the latter as he pushed a heartfelt laugh past his lips. He held a bottle of water in one of his hands, opened it, took a sip of it that was so small, one could barely see that anything even went missing from the bottle. 

All the while, he held his phone in his free hand. 

"Yeah, you're right," he said through a soft chuckle. He took a few steps, turned around to get a glimpse of the building he stood behind. 

Breathtaking. 

Unique. 

Hell.  

The impressive exterior and interior, the beautiful plants, the statues and paintings - they all couldn't eradicate the building's true soul. 

Though distracted for a moment, Jeonghan soon hummed, focusing back on his call.

"Of course." After this, his friendly tone vanished for a second at whatever the person on the other end of the call said to him. He scoffed. "Dude, I couldn't help it. Things got busy, that's not my fault." 

Things got busy

It wouldn't do him any good to further elaborate. Explaining just where he went and why he had a lot to do, let alone that he was working with a gang - it wasn't really something he was keen on letting everyone know. So he was as vague as possible, knowing very well that Li Huang would also appreciate that. 

"Of course," Jeonghan said, tone getting lighter now. He hummed, nodded as if the one he was talking to could see him. "I will let you know when I have time." 

With a deep hum, Jeonghan's eyes fell onto one of the windows of the rooms on the top floor. He thought about what to say before replying, 

"I haven't seen it yet but I heard it's not that good." He looked down at his feet. "I was planning to go see it regardless, just to see what the fuss is all about."

He brought the bottle up to his lips yet again. He tilted it up, then back down. Lips glistened as the sun hit them and shone onto the water that was sparsely spread over them. 

"Don't worry," he said confidently - cheeky, almost. "I don't break my promises." 

He smiled. 

"See you soon," he said and, before hanging up, quickly added, "Call me if you need anything."  

He looked at his phone in surprise at how smoothly that call went. He had expected more drama. More shouting. 

But this felt good. 

Satisfied, Jeonghan walked back inside. He noticed the eyes that were on him as he walked up to the house and pushed the door open and entered one of the main hallways. 

A hallway that, if you followed it until the end, would lead you to a hall which, in turn, allowed you to enter the main office of the house. 

Li Huang's main office.