21 ◂ Guy

[I uploaded two chapters at the same time {20 & 21}
- just in case you felt like you missed something in between]

◂ 21 ▸

Taeyong kept his eyes on her. He didn't dare to look away, he didn't dare to let his stern expression slip away for a more concerned one. 

"Please go," Jie pleaded. She was talking quietly, her voice breaking every now and then. It was a little hard to breathe, a little hard to talk.

"You should listen to her," Li Huang agreed half-heartedly. He didn't mind the guns pointed at him just like Taeyong didn't mind those aimed at him. 

But Taeyong was stubborn. He had made up his mind and so there was no way out other than this one. 

He took a step further into the room, Kun right behind him, while the rest of WayV guarded them. 

"I'm afraid I can't," Taeyong said, looked at the man that stood in front of the kneeling girl. "I won't leave without her." 

Huang sighed. "Taeyong, you know I respect you but you are crossing a line," he said under his breath. "So if you don't want to end up with a bullet in your head you better leave now." 

Smiling all of a sudden, Taeyong tilted his head to the side. He hummed, nodded and stepped yet another step closer. 

"Shoot me." 

"Jie." Jaemin lost count of how many times he pointlessly called her name. It took him minutes to get her to stop tossing and turning and mumbling in response to whatever voices she was dreaming about. 

It took him even longer to finally wake her up. 

So when she eventually opened her eyes, which were a little teary and a little red, he exhaled in relief. He gave her shoulder one last squeeze, drawing her attention to him as he let his head fall forward. 

"Finally," he mumbled under his breath. "You're hard to wake up." 

Jie hummed. "I know," she said and gently pressed the heels of her hands against her eyes. 

When she took her hands away, she quickly noticed the look Jaemin gave her. Curious, intrigued. 

She sat up. "Just ask." 

He didn't hesitate. "Did you dream of your parents again?" 

Jie shook her head. "Why?" 

"You said Taeyong's name a couple of times," he explained. "I was just wondering." 

"Oh. No, it was something else." 

And although he was interested in the story behind it, he didn't want to push her so early in the morning and he didn't want to interrupt her when she suddenly glimpsed to the side and into the kitchen. 

The sound of something cooking, bubbling happily in its pot bounced through the air alongside delicious smells. 

Jaemin got up. "I made breakfast," he said. "You should eat, you have to work later." 

Still surprised by his consideration, Jie sat still for a moment. She watched him leave the room to get the last bit of food before bringing it back and placing it on the table. 

Wordlessly, she got up and made her way over to the table and sat down opposite Jaemin. 

"I don't know what you like, so just eat whatever you prefer and I'll eat the rest," he said.