Chapter six

ENIGMATIC PERSONA

Utterson hesitantly accepted the doctors proposal, after all it would have been incredibly embarrassing to wander around the city completely soaked. Utterson could have simply returned home but it would have taken him around 20 minutes to get there by foot and to avoid further embarrassment he decided to go to Jekyll's house. However he couldn't help thinking about what happened back at the restaurant- - why did he do it? Was it a mistake? Once again his unanswered questions were stored at the back of his mind, he knew sooner or later he would have to confront Jekyll. His enigmatic persona unsettled Utterson immensely and was beginning to question weather he could trust him.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

"Here are the spare clothes, you can change in the room just down the corridor-" Jekyll smiled as he passed the fresh garments to the smaller man. Utterson nodded in appreciation and headed down the hall. Opening the door to the charming room,  he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, it was probably his imagination- he placed his clothes on a small stool and started unbuttoning his drenched shirt and threw it inattentively on an armchair.

"Hey!"

Utterson jumped in shock and swiftly turned towards the voice. To his surprise he found Mr Hyde occupying the armchair with a wet shirt on his face.

"So not only I'm forgettable but I'm unnoticeable too- -great!" Hyde sarcastically sighed to himself whilst removing the shirt and throwing it back to Utterson.

"How did you get in here?!" Harshly asked the half naked man

"I was here the whole time...dear me" the strange man rolled his eyes.

"Could you please get ou-"

"No, I was here first"

"Why do you always have to be so bothersome!" Utterson snapped back.

"..."

deciding to ignore him Utterson faced the wall and went back to undress himself, it was no big deal after all they where both men, yet somehow Hyde made Utterson highly uncomfortable, he could feel his intese gaze upon him. Whilst unbuttoning his wet regency fall trousers* he realised that his pants where also wet- he looked like he wet himself! He needed to get new pair of pants however he would have to ask Jekyll for a pair....incredibly embarrassing....not to mention he has an audience too. Utterson needed to get out of this situation as soon as possible, he needn't look bothered by his discovery, he had to make up a a white lie too fool the man in the corner.

"I feel rather uncomfortable having you in the room. Since I seem to be the only adult in here I shall ask Dr Jekyll for an other room"

"Only adult you say? You're the one who wet them self" Hyde snickered at him.

Utterson face turned red from embarrassment and anger, he harshly picked up his clothes and stormed out out of the room. Thinking of a witty comment to retaliate with he headed back in but the man was gone.

"Mr Utterson is everything okay?" Dr Jekyll asked whilst trying not to stare at his friend's bare chest.

"Eh- YES....do you...erm..hh..perhaps have a spare pair of undergarments?"

♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎♧︎

Glossary~~🌸
This is what regency fall trousers are ☟︎

Glossary~~🌸This is what regency fall trousers are ☟︎