Chapter ten

IM NO PSYCHOPATH

As the clock turned to seven, darkness eased into existence. Mr Utterson carried a bottle of wine to gift Dr Jekyll for his kindness and Mr Enfield walked beside him. You could hear the swift tapping of Utterson's highly polished shoes beneath him.

"Why in such a rush?" Enfield chuckled, amused by the petite man stomping on the pavement

"We're late, we were meant to be there by 7:00 not walk out my house by 7:00! Its your fault we're this late, you took two hours deciding what to wear- -what are you laughing about?!" Utterson replied with an air of annoyance

"I'm laughing at you, it's so funny to see short man angry"

"I'm not short! I'm "5,8"!"

"And I'm 6 foot"

"Such a show off"

"It's fine shorty, you shouldn't be mad over our tardiness, Dr Jekyll is known for arriving fashionably late, we're giving him a taste of his own medicine" he softly patted the slightly shorter man's head feeling his fingers
intertwining with Uttersons soft loose brown curls, savouring each moment.

"Stop doing that" Utterson replied more in irritated that he was before

"Whyy, you're hurting meee~~, why don't you ever make me touch you" Enfield spoke in a comical whiny tone whilst placing his hand on his heart. "My heart is aching, make it better"

"You're sounding really psychopathic at the end moment"

"I'm no psychopath, I'm just a man who's being deprived of their best friend affections"

Utterson sighed and walked faster, Enfield trailing behind him.

Finally reaching Jekyll's house, Utterson nocked on the door and was greeted by mr Poole (Jekyll's butler). He wore a black tailed suit and white gloves. His silver hair was slicked back and his face was marked with wrinkles.

"Welcome Mr Utterson, Mr Enfield, Dr Jekyll is in the living room, may you pass me your coats" he spoke softly showing no emotion.

"Alright, thank you" Utterson took his coat off and gave it to the butler thanking him again during the process, Enfield mimicked him, then they proceeded to walk towards the living room, Utterson carrying the gift.

"Ah the guest of honour and...his friend" said Jekyll walking towards Utterson completely ignoring Enfield.

Enfield huffed at jekylls disregard for him

"Come in, come in, make yourself at home" Jekyll ushered the two men in the room,
It was filled with various men and women mingling with each other, many of which were strangers to Utterson, however amongst the crowd of people he recognised an old friend occupying a brown leather couch near the window. He wore black glossy glasses accompanied by a black suit and his light blonde hair was slicked back, he held a cup of whiskey in one hand and his cane in an other isolated from any social interaction. For as long as Utterson could remember his friend frequently isolated himself from people, he only had two friends himself and Jekyll, they frequented the same university, the three of them shared the common enthusiasm for science and instantly became friends. Once they all graduated however they lost touch and hardly ever visited each other not to mention him and Jekyll had a large dispute over science which led them both to become enemies and only recently rekindled their friendship. Utterson approached the man enthusiastically anticipating the reunion between them.

"Enjoy yourself, if you have any problems come find me"

"Alright, thanks a million" replied Utterson