Chapter fifteen

CRAZE, LUST AND ADORATION

As Lanyon and Utterson entered the pub a sight of pure chaos waited for them. Various men roughly punching each other and flipping tables over. Bottles of beer crashed against the walls whilst the bar tender hid behind the counter completely shocked by the sight. The volume in the room was very high and you could barely hear anything. Among the angry mob there was Jekyll and Enfield struggling to hold Hyde down. Lanyon and Utterson ran towards them evading all the punches thrown at them.

"Mr Utterson!" The two struggling men exclaimed

"What happened here?!" Utterson asked loudly

"Long story! I'll tell you everything when we go back home for now we need to get this beast out of here!" replied Jekyll

"Argh! Leave me be you bastards!" Hyde shouted

The four men ignored him and dragged Hyde out through the back door of the pub and threw him against the concrete floor of the backstreet behind the place. The four gentlemen towered over Hyde

"Help! Officers! Helpp!" Shouted Hyde

"You should be the last one to call the peelers" said Jekyll whilst punching Hyde in the face. Blood splattered on the ground, Jekyll wiped the blood off his knuckles.

Utterson never saw Jekyll this roughed up, he secretly found it strangely attractive.

"What do you want?!"

"You need to come back home- if you haven't noticed my hair turned white and I'm sure it has something to do with you, I need to run experiments"

"Hahaha! What if I don't want to help?" Hyde replied tauntingly

"Well I'm just going to force you"

Hyde nodded and stood up from the ground and reached his hand out to Jekyll in hope that he would shake it. Jekyll took hold of his hand. That was easier than I though it was going to be, Jekyll though. Immediately after that Hyde punched Jekyll in the stomach and dashed out of the backstreet and into the main road, the men soon after followed him running as fast as they could trying to catch up to him. The gentlemen decided to split up, without hesitation Enfield dragged Utterson to the direction he was headed leaving the two doctors together.

Running through the maze like city. Enfield and Utterson reached an isolated park. It was unusually quiet, the sound of wind rustling the leaves on the trees was the only thing they could hear. The whole atmosphere in the park was moody and the sky was grey.

"Where is he?" asked Enfield frustratedly, still holding on Utterson's arm.

"He's probably hiding somewhere in the bushes" replied Utterson, shaking his arm away from Enfield's grasp, Enfield huffed in annoyance.

They started searching everywhere but yet found no trace of him. The two remained positive and continued their mission. As they searched and searched for the escapee, Enfield got touchier and touchier as he swiftly lost interest at the task at hand. Now that his love was with him he couldn't stop his perverse mind from wandering. The infatuated man placed a hand on the brunette's back, touched his head, leaned on him and stroked the back of his neck, all this went undetected by Utterson who was so concentrated on the task that he didn't take notice his surroundings.

"Gabriel~ I'm bored let's go home" Enfield purred into Utterson's ear hugging him from behind.

This cause Utterson to wake up from his trance, he turned and faced Enfield frowning, still within the man's embrace.

"What are you doing?" Utterson asked sternly

"Showing my love and appreciation Gabriel" he replied lovingly, his hold tightening around Utterson's waist.

Utterson was slightly taken back at the statement; love? What does he mean by that? He probably means love as a friend, that's probably it. Utterson looked back at Enfield his eyes were filled with craze, lust and adoration. The man was sick with love.

"Stop acting strange Mr Enfield" Utterson tore himself from the embrace. Enfield's face turned sour and soulless like something precious was stolen from him.

"Strange? Is love strange?! Stop pushing me away!" Enfield's tone got progressively more violent harshly grabbing Uttersons wrist,

"Calm down Mr Enfield! You're not thinking straight! I'm not the only one who thinks like this- you've been acting maliciously towards everyone I know! And...and have been really possessive over me- I'm adult man I can take care of myself! -Dr Lanyon told me you threatened him, is this true?!"

Enfield looked down and clenched his fist

"It is true isn't it?" Utterson ran his hand through his curly brown locks "lately I feel like you're a stranger to me, I don't know you anymore, quite frankly I don't know if I can trust you anymore I think we shouldn't see each other for a while"

The sky got cloudier and thunder could be heard from the heavens.

Enfield swiftly looked back at Utterson and gave him the most desperate and crazed look, Enfield crawled on the ground towards the brunette. He took hold of Utterson's leg and looked up at him.

"You can't leave me!" Exclaimed Enfield frantically "I shall die without you! Please! Please! I'll be good! Forgive me, forgive me! His grip around Utterson leg tightened, with the look of a madman he laughed hysterically "you're mine! You'll always be mine! Those snakes are trying to steal you away from me! I won't allow it! I won't allow it! I won't allow it! Can't you see I'm doing this because I love you! I do not everything in the name love! I will kill if I have to! I'll do it! I'll do it! I've borrowed some of your things from your house because I love you! I do! I do! Are you mad because I've been borrowing things without asking? I always give back the things I borrow! I promise! It's true! It's true I say! The man broke out in laughter once again.

Utterson kicked Enfield off him and dashed out of the park never looking back.

Enfield ferociously called for him but to no avail. He layed there in the middle of the park sobbing on face flat on the ground whilst getting soaked by the heavy rain.

"What have I done"

~End of season one~

👁👄👁 <— u rn