Chapter seven

YOU'RE FINALLY HOME

Utterson thanked Jekyll's for his hospitality and commenced his journey to his house. The harsh breeze of the winter evening brushed upon his pale face as he winced at the thought of his highly unanticipated eventful day. He was perplexed at his friend's ambiguity and the way he would overlook the subject of Hyde's existence by playing innocent and oblivious by not mentioning a word at the situation at hand. Utterson continued walking down the narrow paths of the lifeless streets of London. The cabs crawled quietly and disappeared in the darkness isolating the man alone in the concrete maze.

♧︎♧︎♧︎

Unlocking the doors to his abode Utterson entered his house and robotically hung his coat and hat on the iron coat rack only to find a coat that didn't belong to him.

"Gabriel! You're finally home"

It was Mr Enfield.

"Mr Enfield? What are you doing here?"

"Please there's no need to be so formal, I detest it when you call me that" he said as he flung an arm over Utterson dragging him towards the drawing room.

"You still haven't answered my question" Utterson calmly replied as he struggled to keep up with the pace.

"I came here to see you. Where were you all this time?"

"I was at Jekyll's"

Enfield glared at him with cold eyes and obnoxiously sighed empathising his annoyance

"What?" Utterson witnessed his friend grow tense for reasons he didn't know.

"You're always going over his house lately, I'm starting to suspect that there's something going on between you" Enfield spoke bitterly clenching his jaw harshly.

"You seem very resentful of him, what's going on? Just this morning you were perfectly fine joking about him and me"

"Tsk forget it you're too foolish to understand" Enfield mumbled to himself and leaned upon the window frame aimlessly gazing outside.

Silence filled the air.

It was clear Enfield was in a bad mood, perhaps he was drinking again. Utterson stood there stiffly twiddling his thumbs. Hesitantly he approached the vexed man who's sight was immediately fixed on Utterson.

"I apologise if I made you feel upset, I'm truly sorry"

Enfield's face softened and his dull eyes turned bright as he heard his Gabriel talk so softly to him. The sweet sound of his voice vibrated in his ears, it was the most pleasurable feeling...

"I'm not sure if I'm willing to forgive you yet" of course there was nothing to forgive. His Gabriel didn't do anything wrong, he just enjoyed seeing him begging for his forgiveness. Enfield knew he was being selfish but he couldn't help keeping his burning desires inside, Gabriel was so perfect he wanted to-

"Enfield why must you be so stubborn?" Utterson crossed his arms in annoyance.

"I will forgive you if stop calling me by my surname"

"Fine, Richard"

A quiet moan left Enfield's quivering lips.

"Sorry may you repeat yourself" Enfield said as he drew closer to Gabriel.

"Richard"

Enfield was now towering over Utterson, trapping him with his tall slim body. He gently placed his hand on his waist and trailed it slowly down his back.

M-Mr Enfi- Richaahrd, s-stop it at once!" Utterson weakly spoke as he tried to push Enfield away.

This only aggravated Enfield and he harshly snaked his arms around Utterson's frail body inhaling his pleasant scent. He was blinded by lust he couldn't stop, until he did. Realising what he'd done he stumbled away from Utterson covering his mouth in shock. He needed an explanation quickly so that it would prevent Gabriel from thinking lowly of him.

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry Mr Ga-Utterson I'm such a fool, my drinking habits have been getting worse lately I'm so sorry please forgive me" tears were starting to fill up his eyes and hid himself from Utterson in shame.

Utterson was speechless, first the incident with Jekyll and now Enfield, what was going on?

Hearing Enfield's sorrowful sniffles made him feel sympathy for him. Enfield wasn't a bad man he was just greatly disorganised and lost and completely understood where he was coming from, he suspected from the start he had been drinking so there's was no point in being resentful.

"Richard it's alright as long as you didn't mean it, I forgive you" he spoke softly caressing his friends back.

"Oh thank you so much Mr Utterson, I'm so lucky to have such a kind hearted friend" Enfield weekly smiled.

"I should get going I don't want to bother you any longer"

Enfield grabbed his coat and threw it over himself, he thanked Jekyll again and swiftly left.

Enfield looked up at the moonlit sky and sighed in the relief.

"I must be more careful next time, I need to control my emotions better." He said as he wiped fake tears off his face.

The man took off in the midnight abyss feeling proud at himself for his boldness.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Hey guys are you enjoying the story so far??
Please tell me if the chapters are too short so I can keep that in mind when I write new chapters

Thank you for reading 💖💖