(Szn 2) chapter sixteen

Warning this chapter contains suicidal thoughts, suicidal actions and distressing scenes. Viewers discretion is advised ⚠️

 Viewers discretion is advised ⚠️

RAIN

Utterson ran as far away from the park as possible, he darted into a pathway and sat there against the wall on the dirt ground, his head between his legs hyperventilating in shock and distress, sobbing at the event at the park. All this time Enfield, his Enfield, his childhood friend Enfield, was a lie- was he like this from the begging? Was he always this troubled? This psychopathic stalker, this emotionally unstable man who's in love with me?

Utterson ran his hand between his hair and looked up in the sky. Gentle raindrops fell upon his face, caressing it, it was like the angels could feel his pain, they were crying with him. The man sat there in silence listening to the humming and soothing sound of the rain.

☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎

MEANWHILE AT THE PARK...

Enfield let out a cry, you could hear the mien and frustration in his voice, he laid sideways on the carpet of moss near the pond drenched by the rain, he crunched into a little ball grabbing a chunk of his hair and trying to rip it out. He was disheveled, his tie was undone and the buttons of his waistcoat was loose, he was missing one of his shoes and the back of his coat was full of mud due to him rolling on the ground in an hysterical fit. He once again cried in agony as he managed to rip out a small piece of his hair off.

"I want to die!" He shouted whilst crying,"What have I done!"

ENFIELD POV

All I wanted was for Gabriel to love me back, now I know that would never happen. I could see the fright In his eyes when I confessed my love, how did I fail so miserably? Was I too passionate? Can't he deal with my love? Oh I'm sorry if I scared you my darling! BUT ITS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT LOVING ME BACK! I Hate you! I hate-....

No I don't.

My love for you will never turn into hate as my love for you is eternal, you're the only person I love, you're the only person who made me feel something inside, I love you more than life itself. I wish these feeling were reciprocated...
It's Jekyll's fault I know it! He is the one who took you away from me! He shall pay for what he's done. That, THAT sly and overconfident pig! He thinks he can take you from me any day! I won't allow it! I won't  allow it!

When I was younger, the world I was living in was dull, and grey. I could not feel emotions, no matter how much my parents tried to help I felt nothing, my body was merely an empty shell, an empty vessel, lifeless. I did things hoping I could feel something, killing small animals, hurting others, doing as much as I could so that perhaps one day my feelings could be triggered. On a summer's day my parents took me took me to see some family friends, and my prayers were answered. When I first laid my eyes on Gabriel, I felt my heart beat faster. I never felt excitement before. When we hit the age of sixteen I knew I was falling in love with him, my feelings were getting stronger and harder to to control. I managed to hide my feeling from him for a very long time, even pretended to be happy when he told me his first crush, a girl that went to our school, then his second crush... Mr Lanyon-WHO THE HELL WOULD HAVE A CRUSH ON THAT SPOILED BRAT?!-...little did he know that every time he told me these things it felt like my heart was being stabbed continuously.

Perhaps If I told my feelings all that time ago the outcome might have been different. I'm now stuck here shivering, hoping that the cold would take me away because now I have lost the one thing that made my life worth living.

Enfield sniffed and composed himself, he looked up in the sky then looked at the pond, God forgive me for what I'm about to do. The sorrowful man crawled towards the pond and looked at his depressing reflection in the water. Gabriel, you've not only taught me to feel love but perhaps the worst emotion of all, sadness. I hope in my next life we can be together. The man's face inched closer to the water. Until a someone stopped him.

"Wait!"

Enfield snapped his head towards the source of sound. Enfield's eyes watered and his heart started beating fast in his chest.

"...Gabriel?" He mumbled weakly

"What are you doing!?" Utterson asked in an all armed tone pulling Enfield off the ground.

"Dying" Enfield replied

"I can't believe you! I knew I couldn't trust you alone! Get a hold of yourself Mr Enfield! What possessed you to kill yourself?!" Utterson's tone grew weaker and weaker from every word he spoke "you stupid, stupid man!" Utterson had tears in eyes and started punching Enfield's chest.

"I'm sorry"

"No Richard! Sorry is not enough, you need serious help! You gave me the fright of my life and I won't allow you to walk around like this!"

Enfield didn't reply

"Talk to me!" You could see a mixture of fury and sadness in Utterson's eyes. Enfield eyes started glossing over and tears ran down his cheeks, he held his head down, Utterson grabbed his face with one hand, and stared deep into his eyes before harshly letting him go and turned his back against him.

"I'm going to find the others, tidy yourself up, you're coming with me"

Enfield followed his orders. The two men left the park. Enfield held Utterson's sleeve for the whole journey.

At last Utterson and Enfield found the others. Lanyon and Jekyll managed to capture Hyde and they all regrouped.

"So are we all heading back to my house to celebrate?" Jekyll asked excitedly

"I'm going to have to decline that offer, I have to look after this big baby, he couldn't stop coughing and sneezing on the way here, he is very sick" replied Utterson

Lanyon and Jekyll shot Enfield dirty looks whilst Hyde smirked at him. Enfield was confused by this- why is he smirking at me?

"Alright then you go do that's we'll see each other soon" said Lanyon with a smile

They both nodded in agreement.

They group saluted each other and went their separate ways.