Chapter fourteen

DON' CALL THE BOBBIES!

The four men all met in the doctors' office. Jekyll sat down at his desk whilst sipping some coffee. Lanyon, Utterson and Enfield all stood standing in front of him like soldiers waiting for instructions by their captain.

"So, hold on, did you bring back Mr Hyde?" asked Lanyon, Enfield listened attentively

Jekyll looked down at his papers on the desk and looked back up

"...yes" Jekyll replied hesitantly

"But-"

"I know, I know, let's just focus at the task at hand. Right so, it will be quite a challenge trying to look for Hyde" Jekyll started "for all we know he could have fled the country, however I'm quite positive he hasn't done anything quite so radical... I have a few ideas of where he might be residing such as brothels or shady bars downtown, so we should split up and look for him-"

"Mr Utterson would you give me the honour of  teaming up with me?" asked Mr Lanyon

"Ha! Don't make me laugh why would anyone team up with the likes of you? A mama's boy who gets scawed by the smallest things- I'm a far better choice I'm strong and resilient, qualities both you and Jekyll lack" Enfield smirked whilst Lanyon shot him a venomous glare.

"Ah thank you for this enlightening speech Mr Enfield, so selfless of you to uplift your teammates' confidence with your kind words" Jekyll sarcastically applauded his rival and continued "Mr Utterson I think you should couple up- I mean- team up with me"

"I asked first!"

"I asked second- first the worst, second the best, third the one with the smelly breath, Dr Jekyll just drank coffee why would you subdue yourself to such torture."

"Do you ever stop with your childish insults? You egotistical-" Jekyll halted and continued "I'm going to the bathroom"

The doctor stormed off and shut the door behind him. Lanyon and Jekyll reassumed with their bickering whilst Utterson sat on a nearby chair calmly flicking through the pages of a book. The door opened again and in came Dr Jekyll who was swiftly pulled in the argument once again.

Utterson slammed the book shut. The room went quiet.

"I would like to remind you all that you are grown men, quite frankly is hardly unbelievable that you would argue over such futile matters at your big age." Utterson spoke

The three men were speechless.

"If you continue like this I won't be teaming up with anyone like last time"

"I would like to apologise on behalf of all of us for acting so immaturely" Lanyon spoke up

Utterson smiled and nodded in appreciation. "I'll be teaming up with Dr Lanyon as he was the one to apologise first" Lanyon's features brightened up and gave an arrogant smile to his rivals.

"Huh?! I apologise! Please forgive me I've done wrong!" Exclaimed Enfield.

"Mr Enfield, it looks like you are going to be teaming up Dr Jekyll, I hope you mend your relations with each other" said Utterson nonchalantly. "Come Dr Lanyon let's go."

"Please Mr Utterson don't do this to me, you're the only person whom I tolerate in this room"

"Well then I'm afraid you're going to have tolerate the others. Now if that's all, myself and Dr Lanyon will be heading out to look for Hyde at the brothel, something tells me he's there."