Chapter four

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

"Mr Utterson!...Mr Enfield what a coincidence finding you here." Dr Jekyll said whilst never taking his eyes off Utterson.

"Ah Dr Jekyll we were  just talking about you, nowadays you seem to be Mr Utterson's favourite topic." replied Enfield

Utterson gave his friend a sharp glare

"Is that so?" Jekyll said amusedly

Enfield looked down at his delicate golden watch.

"Oh it's twelve thirty already I should get going I have an appointment to attend to, Mr Utterson we shall continue our conversation later, good afternoon gentlemen." and with that Enfield took off leaving the two men alone.

Utterson was gobsmacked at how quickly his companion left him. Now he was left alone with Jekyll. He wondered if Jekyll would talk about what happened the day before or simply ignore it.

"Did you have lunch Mr Utterson?" Jekyll asked.

"No, not yet"

"Well then let us go and get some, Ive just recently come across this lovely restaurant that serves the most delicious food"

Jekyll led the way, Utterson was beside him. Jekyll moved closer to Utterson so that both arms where rubbing against each other. The smaller man felt his cheeks getting hotter by the second, the doctor noticed and a small smile crept slowly upon his face.

"Are you feeling ill Mr Utterson?"

"Not at all Doctor, just feeling a little hot that's all."Utterson replied nervously whilst fanning himself with his hands.

"It will be cooler at the restaurant, we are nearly there." Jekyll said smiling at his "friend"

The two men walked down the busy streets flooded with people and the rhythm of the horse's hoofs hitting the ground echoed throughout. Crossing the road they arrived to their destination.