ii. kisses and good company

AOIFE HELD HER BREATH AS THE FLOORBOARD creaked underneath her, clamping a hand over her mouth to disguise any sounds

AOIFE HELD HER BREATH AS THE FLOORBOARD creaked underneath her, clamping a hand over her mouth to disguise any sounds. The house was silent, everyone was asleep, but Aoife was heading out to meet Ciara. Sure, she could have just gone out of the window, but why face heights when she could just sneak out of the back door.

After deeming it safe, she continued across the landing and down the stairs, her converse clenched tightly in her hand to save the thud of shoes. A light snapped on, and Aoife's eyes widened, jumping the last two steps and diving through the open door to the living room. She heard the sound of the bathroom door closing and breathed out. Probably Seamus getting up for a piss.

Not taking any more chances of getting caught, she practically ran out of the door, slipping her keys into her pocket as she locked it closed. Kiara was waiting for her at the end of the street, her hair shining in the light of the streetlight.

"Alright?" she greeted, a heart fluttering grin on her lips.

"Hey," Aoife said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "What's the plan then?"

"You'll have to wait and see," Ciara said, lacing her fingers through Aoife's and pulling her gently up the street. "I know you go back to school next week, so thought I'd make the most of having you here."

"Oh?" Aoife raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, oh, I've got an empty," Ciara said boldly. "If you want to come back to mine, you can."

"O-oh, I— I—" Aoife stammered. "U-uh yeah, I'd— I'd love to."

"You're adorable when you're nervous," Ciara said, poking Aoife's cheeks. "It's not scary, promise. You won't even have to climb in through the window this time, we've got free reign baby."

"Thank fuck," Aoife mumbled. "I don't think I can handle another round of you hauling me in because heights scare the shit out of me."

"Only downside is," Ciara said. "Now you can't get a lovely view of my arse whilst we climb up."

"Oh, I'm sure there are other ways I can see you arse," Aoife said, throwing her a flirty smile. Ciara grinned.

"I have so corrupted you Aoif," she laughed.

"You're not complaining though," Aoife said. Ciara laughed again, slipping her key in the lock. Aoife waited until she had opened the door before carefully snaking a hand round her waist, pressing a kiss to her lips. Her heart was beating out of her chest, and the both of them were mildly surprised by her sudden boldness.

"You're right," Ciara said breathlessly as she pulled away for air, swinging the door closed. "I'm really, really not."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"YOU EXCITED FOR SCHOOL THEN?" Seamus asked, sitting down beside Aoife on the sofa. Aoife gave a non-committal shrug. Of course she was excited, she couldn't wait to see Kiara, Edelyn, Andrew and Luna, having had to make do with letters all summer, but she would be lying if she said the thought of leaving Ciara didn't make her stomach drop.