iii. the new girl

AOIFE RESTED HER HEAD ON TOP OF Kiara's, sighing softly

AOIFE RESTED HER HEAD ON TOP OF Kiara's, sighing softly. The whole beginning of the feast had been the sorting hat being a bit of a debbie downer, and then the sorting, which was always mind numbingly boring. Edelyn wasn't even pretending to pay attention, pulling a braid into Luna's hair and humming under her breath.

"Surely we must be nearly done," Aoife said.

"They're on Z," Luna said, being the only one of them who actually enjoyed the sorting. As the last first year scurried down to join their house, McGonagall cleared her throat once more.

"Roosevelt, Katerina."

Luna frowned. "But they're well past R, we should be done."

"Maybe she misread it and meant Zoosevelt," Edelyn suggested, and Aoife snorted.

"She doesn't look like a first year," Kiara said, nodding her head towards the girl making her way to the school. Aoife's eyes widened slightly, stunned. She was definitely not a first year, that's for sure. She was gorgeous.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Aoife felt her heart sink a little, and she put her chin in her hand. Her eyes drifted to the Gryffindor table, following the new girl, Katerina, down.

"Miss Roosevelt is a transfer from Ilvermorny," Professor McGonagall announced. "She will be joining fifth year."

Kiara nudged Aoife gently. "New mate for us, d'ya reckon?"

"She's a Gryff," Edelyn said. "She'll hang with them."

"But maybe she doesn't have a death wish," Aoife mused. "That's what appears to surround Gryffindor, especially the sixth years."

"You mean, especially Harry Potter and his mates," Edelyn said.

"That's exactly what I meant," Aoife nodded. "Trouble surrounds that lot."

"They're lovely though," Luna piped up.

"I know, I know, I didn't mean they did it on purpose," Aoife mumbled. She cast a glance over to the Gryffindor table, watching the new girl take a seat beside Ginny, and her stomach twisted. Seamus caught her eye and gave her a glum nod, before returning his head to his hands.

"I need a smoke," Aoife muttered. Edelyn shook her head disapprovingly but didn't comment, whilst Kiara laid a hand on top of Aoife's.

"We'll go after the feast, alright?" she said softly. Aoife nodded, feeling mildly irritated at the sound of Dumbledore's voice, (okay, maybe more than mildly).

"Oh finally," Edelyn said as the plates filled. "I could eat a horse."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"ARE YOU SHITTING ME?" AOIFE grumbled, pulling Kiara along beside her as she stormed out of the great hall. "Fucking Snape?"

"I know," Kiara agreed. "It's a bit ridiculous."