ii. fix-ups and fluffnuggets

AOIFE FINNIGAN WAS NOT A violent person, far from it actually, but if someone gave her the opportunity to just fucking deck Dolores Umbridge she would do it with no hesitation

As she stumbled out of her fifth consecutive detention with the embodiment of Lucifer, if the devil wore pink bows, choking back a sob because she'd be damned if she was going to let the bitch see her cry, she ran a hand through her tangled hair and pushed it out of her face.

For some reason, Umbridge had decided that she was now out to get Aoife, and Edelyn, and Andrew. Aoife didn't even do anything, yet she still found herself in detention every night. At least the heat had been taken off of Kiara, as Umbridge seemed to have gotten bored of tormenting the Diggory girl.

Aoife staggered into the nearest bathroom, pressing the edge of her skirt down on her bleeding hand, the words I must not disrespect carved in Aoife's neat handwriting. She clutched on to the sides of the sink, trying to get a handle on her breathing. She needed to calm down, she needed to just take a few deep breaths and she would be okay.

She hadn't felt like this properly since second year, when Professor Snape had screamed at her and deducted fifty points from Ravenclaw after she accidentally added the wrong ingredient to a potion and it exploded all over the classroom. It seemed exploding things ran in the family.

What she really needed was Seamus, he knew how to  calm her down and make sure she was alright. He had known how to ever since she had broken down at the local swimming pool when she was eight, her nerves of the water getting the best of her.

Aoife ran the cold water, sticking her hand under it in an attempt to stop the bleeding and soothe the raw flesh. Blood poured down into the sink, mixing in with the water. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her breathing still ragged and uneven. She heard the sound of a toilet flush and then the cubicle open, and froze. Of course someone would be in here, because the universe hated her that much.

"Um, are you alright?" And of course, the person who would be in here would be Ginny fucking Weasley. Really universe? Is that how you want to play?

"S-sorry," Aoife said. "I'm fine."

"Are you crying?" Ginny asked, her tone the softest that Aoife had ever heard it.

"No," Aoife said thickly, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"Shit, Aoife, you're bleeding," Ginny said, her eyes widening at the red liquid dipping off of the back of Aoife's hand.

Aoife shrugged.

"Stay there, I'm going to get a first aid kit," Ginny said, hurrying over to the bathrooms cupboard.