i. the girl with the blue hair

AOIFE FINNIGAN SIGHED, ABSENTLY TURNING the page of her book

AOIFE FINNIGAN SIGHED, ABSENTLY TURNING the page of her book. It was getting rather boring, if she's honest. It's predictable, most are once you've read enough. There's always a stupid happy ending. Nine times out of ten the girl gets the guy, the family make up, and the good defeats the bad.

If only that was the case in Aoife's life!

The girl is very much not getting the guy, well girl in this case (who on earth could that be?), since said girl very much has a guy already. The family was very much not making up, since Sinead Finnigan is a class A biatch and won't apologise for the previous summer full of slating Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore for saying that Voldemort was back, and Aoife for believing them.

And then, the bad was very much overpowering the fucking good at the moment. Take a bloody look at the daily prophet why don't you! It's chaos in the wizarding world, and the ministry are doing shag all to fix it. At least Cornelius Fudge resigned, reinstating Dumbledore as Headmaster of Hogwarts as he fell from grace.

Aoife had only been home for a month, and she was ready to smash her head off of the wall. Anything to get her out of the house! Seamus had been holed up in his room the whole summer, and Aoife has no idea why. Whenever she spoke to him she gets a few grunts in response before she just gives up, because whatever's bothering him can't be as bad as what's bothering her.

You guessed it, it's Ginny Weasley. The girl lives rent free in her mind! It's ridiculous, honestly. She has a boyfriend for Merlin's sake! A boyfriend who Aoife likes a lot, and who is her brothers best friend. So really, it's in everyone's best interest for Aoife to just build a bridge and get over her stupid crush on Ginny.

"Aoife, Seamus, come down here please," Darragh Finnigan called up the stairs. Aoife snapped her book closed, rolling off of the bed and starting out onto the landing. She itched for a cigarette, another fucking thing she can't get rid of, huffing in frustration as she rummaged through her pocket, coming up with nothing.

"The cousins are here," Seamus said, pulling a face. "To see Nan."

"Yeah, I figured," Aoife mumbled. Seamus nudged her as the descended the stairs.

"What's up with you?"

"What's up with me?" Aoife asked in astonishment. "I'm not the bloody one who's barely left their room for the past month."

"Been doing homework," Seamus shrugged.

"Right, and I have seven legs," Aoife said dryly. "What's going on Shay?"

"Nothing, I'm over it," Seamus said. "It doesn't matter anyways."

"Well, it bloody does matter considering you've left me to entertain Nan for the past month," Aoife said. Seamus rolled his eyes.

"There you are!" Sinead Finnigan sighed exasperatedly, hands on her hips. "Your cousins are in the living room." Aoife and Seamus exchanged a look as they went through to the living room.