o. the death of cedric diggory

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

THE CROWD ERUPTED INTO CHEERS as Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory landed on the grass, the band piping up a happy tune. Aoife Finnigan jumped up with the rest of her friends, throwing an arm around her best friend. Kiara Diggory was grinning from ear to ear, her brother had just won the Triwizard Tournament!

Kiara grabbed Aoife's hand, and Aoife caught Edelyn's, pulling both of them down from the stands and towards the two champions. She faltered as she heard Fleur Delaclour scream, slowing abruptly to a stop.

"Is it just me, or is Ced not moving?" Kiara whispered fearfully. Aoife craned her neck to see above the crowds of people, her lips falling into a small frown when her view was obscured by some Durmstrang students.

And then, the most horrific sound that Aoife had ever heard erupted from Amos Diggory's lips.

"That's my son!" He screamed. "That's my boy!"

Aoife froze, but Cedric was... Cedric was fine, right?

"Move!" Edelyn barked, her voice laced with panic. "Let us through you dickheads, that's her brother."

The crowd parted and the three girls rushed through, a small, tearful gasp escaping Kiara as she processed everything.

Cedric wasn't moving because Cedric was dead.

Kiara staggered backwards, tears pouring down her flushed cheeks. Aoife was fixated on Cedric's lifeless body, unseeing eyes staring glassily up to the night sky. She shuddered, her heart skipping a beat as Kiara screamed.

"No!" She shouted. "No, Ced, you promised you'd come back, you promised you'd be safe." She fell to her knees beside her brother, an alarmed Professor Snape stepping hastily out of the way. Edelyn gently pulled her off of Cedric's corpse, but she fought her off, hugging the body of her older brother like a lifeline.

"Ki, come on babes," Edelyn said hoarsely. "Come on."

Amos Diggory was shaking uncontrollably in the arms of his wife, the harsh reality that his son was dead crashing over him in waves.

"Miss Diggory, Kiara, you have to let him go," Professor Sprout said softly, putting a hand on the young girls shoulder. "Come on dearie, up you get."

Edelyn and Aoife helped Kiara up between them, the two of them still in shock. Kiara was sobbing heavily, practically unable to stand.

"Take her to Madam Pomfrey girls," Professor Sprout said, forcing a watery smile. "She'll be able to help."

"Yes Professor," Edelyn said, seeming to be the only one of the three girls who could form words. They guided Kiara towards the school, ignoring the sympathetic looks they were reciecing from the crowd.