34

After school, I go home immediately. It's another study day for me, and I can't let any time waste.

I drop my bag next to the coffee table once I lock the front door behind me, and I figure I have time to eat a quick snack before settling down to study again.

Just as I wrap a hand around the fridge door handle, there's a knock at the door.

I peer in its direction in puzzlement but tentatively move toward the window to check.

Moving the curtain out of the way, I peek out slightly, and my eyes widen as I realize who it is.

I almost trip over myself as I rush toward the door, swinging it open fervently.

"... Asahi."

He stands in front of me, and I can't tell if it's just the time apart, but it almost seems like he's gotten taller. He wears a cream-coloured sweatshirt under his coat and black pants, and in one of his hands hangs a bag.

His eyes are slightly widened as he looks at me again for the first time, and as expected, red begins to flow into his cheeks.

"(Y/N)! I was hoping you would be home—" he says, just before he's interrupted by the embrace I pull him into.

He immediately eases into it, wrapping his arms around my waist as I grab at the area of his coat where his shoulder blades lie.

"I'm so happy that you're here," I say with a grin on my face, and I hear his quiet laugh behind me.

"Me too. I missed you." He responds, just as we pull away.

I notice the grocery bag that he's carrying as it rustles against me before his arms fully rest at his sides.

"What's in there?" I say, trying to peer at the contents.

"Oh, I went to get some ingredients for cooking," he says, lifting the bag hesitantly. "I thought that it would be nice to taste your cooking, but it might be more fun if we cooked something together."