18

"What about this one?" Sugawara points to a maroon-coloured t-shirt with a shrimp printed on the center.

The three of us stand outside a small shop, with all of their wares laid out in front of us on a table. As soon as we arrived, it was the first shop that caught Sugawara's eye, and since then, he's been eyeing all of the products in search of the perfect t-shirt.

"It's nice," I say, scanning over his choice. It's not much to look at, but at least it seems like he's finally set on buying something.

"If you hate it, you can say so, (Y/N), and I'll take the time to pick out a different shirt," Sugawara huffs.

"No, no, I don't hate it! I said it was nice." I protest, mainly out of the desire to move on.

He lets out a loud laugh. "I know, I'm just kidding. Wait for me, I'm gonna buy it."

Sugawara pulls the t-shirt out from the pile before walking towards the front desk cashier. I turn to Daichi once Sugawara is out of our range, and he looks far off in space.

"Are you going to buy anything?" I ask, and that seems to bring the stoic-looking boy back. He looks back at me in slight surprise but his expression softens as soon as he takes a deep breath.

"I might, it just depends on how much longer Suga takes at this place," He says with a laugh, and I smile in acknowledgement.

"We'll have time to look at everything else, I think," I say in response. "... Are you feeling alright? You looked like you were in your own little world earlier."

"... Yeah. Just thinking about the finals, but that's nothing new, I suppose." He replies, beginning to stare off into the background again.

"Well, no worries! You guys are great. I really want to watch your match and cheer you all on to victory." I say encouragingly, and that starts to bring a smile to his face.