02

"What are you going to get?" Anika peers at my menu, even though she already has one in her hands.

"Um... I'm not sure. I still feel bad about your friend paying." I say, whispering the last part.

"Oh, you can just call him Sugawara. And don't feel bad! You can get anything you want." She reassures, but of course, she can say that since they're family friends. I settle on a cheaper, but decent-looking item. I look up and the three boys are talking amongst themselves, presumably about what they'll all order.

A waiter comes to take our orders. We're eventually left without menus in hand and it feels like a group staring contest. Anika and Sugawara eventually engage in one on their own, while the rest of us just watch.

A voice breaks the silence. "So, um, (Y/N), you had a lot of good receives in the game."

I look at Daichi. Sugawara throws his game with Anika to stare at him disapprovingly.

"Hey, they're here to forget about the game," he says, and Daichi starts to look uneasy.

"Oh, it's okay, I'm feeling a little bit better already. Thank you. A lot of those last ones were not easy to get, that's for sure. I think I'll be feeling sore for a while." The words flow out of my mouth easily, but I still feel a little bit tense. I feel eyes stabbing into my face, coming from Asahi's direction. Sugawara notices this and stares daggers back at him, looking as if he wants to punch him in the side.

"Yeah, libero is a tough position. It's hard to notice how difficult it really is, especially when you watch ours. Everything looks effortless from him." Daichi continues thoughtfully.

"Really? Maybe I should get some tips from him." I say, and the three boys look at each other.

"Well... he would probably be extremely forward with you, that's for sure." Sugawara laughs.