24

Coming down to the last set, everyone seems to be on edge. Loud cheers are overcast with slight undertones of anxiety, as the pressure is starting to become more real with time.

"God, I can't watch anymore, I'm gonna throw up," Anika groans with her head in her hands. She opts to sit down until the whistle blares again, the loud sound prompting her to stand up.

"Same," I respond with my arms crossed in front of me. If I had room to pace around, I would.

A few points into the game, my focus is on Asahi. It's been that way since the past sets, but I fixate on him, especially now. I stare in awe at this showcase of his ability, almost feeling starstruck that I get to be with someone like him. On the court, he seems like a very different person, straightforward and wholly sure of himself.

As the two teams both reach match point, I feel my stomach drop. The nervousness is getting to me now more than ever, and it pains me to try and imagine how those boys on the court must feel, who may already be on their last legs.

The set continues with either side getting closer to victory. However, each time, neither side gets there. It starts to feel like a never-ending loop, and I hang my head back.

With my fists clenched and my head resting on them, Karasuno reaches match point. In the crowd, we all see what it takes to win. For as long as we've been here, it finally feels like the end is clearly in sight.

Though this final moment seems like it had taken a whole season to occur, it happens in just a few seconds. Before I can even process it myself, I'm jolted as the crowd behind me roars thunderously. Next to me, Saeko looks on proudly as she participates in the noise. Anika does the same, grabbing me by the arm and shaking it violently.