11

Asahi

Asahi

do you have practice today?

Nope! Free day

maybe we can hang out?

only if you're not busy!

Okay!

I can meet you at your school now

see you soon

"Who are you talking to, huh?" Anika interrogates knowingly. I lock my phone and shoot her a quick smile instead of answering the question.

"I figured," She replies to herself as we walk down the stairs towards the exit.

Marking a full week since his and Daichi's argument, we've had to resort to talking to each other mainly via messaging. Due to their once-daily, sometimes twice-daily practices for the Spring preliminary finals, I haven't had the chance to see him since last week. Seeing that he has a free day today seemed like the perfect opportunity to be able to spend time with him.

"We're going to hang out when he gets here," I change the subject and Anika fake gags. Glad to see she's back to being herself.

"Gross. I hate romance." She scrunches up her nose as I imagine she's thinking about it.

"Well, we're just hanging out, it's not like a date or anything," I justify. As I think about it, I start to wonder what that would be like, but I don't wonder out loud for Anika's sake.

"I better not hear about any funny business," she says in a scolding tone, and I shake my head.

"What are you doing after school then?" I ask her, wanting to draw her attention elsewhere.