Chapter 40

Selina is so done, why does he destroy a suit if there aren't any galas coming up? On top of that, he somehow gets Jason to do it.

Teenage boys have to be the most destructive beings on the planet, Damian walks into Selina's office with a destroyed suit in hand. The sleeves are in tatters, it looks like there are bullet holes through the jacket, and the pant legs are smoldering.

"What happened? You don't have a gala for months!"

"Todd."

"DON'T FORGET IT, BRAT!" Jason exclaims, boys. Why are so many of them boys?

"Well, I can call one of the usual guys-"

"No, I-" Damian thumbs off the frayed ribbons of a sleeve. Then he stops, his face hardens but Selina isn't sold. "This one is-"

"Was." She corrects, earning a little glare.

"A comfortable suit." He continues, fiddling the sleeve until his thumb stops it's small circles. He looks at it with interest. "I'd... I'd like another."

"I can call and ask if she can come over tomorrow, is it alright if you take her home from school."

"Yes, just don't put me in another clown suit like the one before."

"Blue looks good on you."

"I don't care." He snaps, walking out.

"Leave it here, I'll toss it out." Damian nods, that strip of fabric still in hand. He tears it off and pockets it before dropping the rest of the suit on the floor.

Odd.

Marinette, bless her, is free the next day so when Alfred returns, two teenagers emerge from the car. Selina's on the second floor, closing her laptop when she sees them from her window. Even from there she can see that they're bickering.

Making her way down to the living room Alfred set up for Marinette. The usual stand and mirrors are in position, hopefully Damian will be on his best behavior- he did ask for her specifically.

"It's really just feeding them and a little catnip to get them to follow."

"And training them to attack?"

"That's just their natural reaction to you, I guess." Selina can all but hear Damian roll his eyes, the two come into view, Alfred walking ahead of them.

"It is not, animals love me."

"They love me more."

"They do not!"

"DO TOO!" Damian huffs, Titus' reaction came to mind. Damian huffs, putting his book bag at the foot of the sofa before stepping up. Marinette smirks, pulling a smaller bag from her backpack. Selina watches from her seat as the girl pulls out a notebook.

"Hello, Selina." The girl greets Selina who smiles back with a 'hello'.

"What are we thinking?" Marinette stands with a pencil in hand, ready to jot down ideas.

"Same as last time."

"What happened to the last one?"

"Todd."

"I can fix it if you want."

"Trust us, we're gonna need a new one."

"Alright then, I don't think we'll need measurements. I have them in here." Damian just steps back down from the stand, looking at Marinette.

"Is there anything else I can do for you guys?"

"No, I think that's it."

"Hey, brat, you still owe me for destr- Hey... What are you guys doing?"