Chapter 43

Marinette tries to stifle her laugh, a math notebook open in front of her with a problem half done as she watches Damian's latest snap. He somehow broke into Richard's apartment and commandeered his wife and kid for kicks. The video is of Dick trying to break out of his room to join them for a movie while Mar'i babbles and laughs with her uncle, favorite uncle, Damian makes sure to mention.

Damian

▢ Hold to replay

Me

Lol, u better be playing something good.

Damian

That depends on what you'd call good, because I do not consider what I am watching in the least bit interesting....

But Grayson does.

Me

OML NO, ur evil. No wonder they call you demon spaun

Damian

Spawn.

Me

ur so annoying, autocorrect.

Damian

That's a ridiculous nickname

Me

ur an autocorrect kinda guy

Damian

Do you mean the useful, essential, ingenious feature that millions depend on daily? Because if you are implying that I'm invaluable to the general public I must admit I'm flattered.

Me

Poor Mari and Kori must be squished, that big ego of yours taking up most of the room.

***

Marinette laughs as she selects Damian's blank bitmoji, going to settings before clicking on the name. She changes it to 'Autocorrect*' with a light giggle. The name is fitting.

***

Autocorrect*

Ouch. Woe is me.

Me

You didn't do the caps.

Autocorrect*

That's inefficient and annoying. You should be able to tell when someone is being sarcastic based on context clues.

Me

tone is key to something like that, is your brother still captured?

Autocorrect*

Yes, or I wouldn't be messaging you.

Me

wdym

Autocorrect*

What does that mean?

Me

what do you mean

Autocorrect*

If he were free I would not message you because Grayson would steal my phone and stick his nose where it isn't wanted. He's annoying enough trying to figure out who I message, heaven forbid he finds out it's you.

I'll never hear the end of it. Do you recall the gala, after the auction?

Me

how oculd I forget, you were so mad.

Autocorrect*

Could.

They tried to set us up, I am simply sparing us from that but in earnest.