Chapter 28

"Alright! Everyone here? Fed? Have your phones?" People affirmatively responded, most simply mumbling nearly incoherent 'oui's.

"Alright, let's get going then. We've got a lot to do and not a lot of time!" Ms. Ruiz exclaimed, counting heads as the students walked down the flight of stairs that led to the front of the hotel. The two drivers and cars from the day before were there waiting, Damian saw Marinette was hardly awake as she stumbled towards the cars. She wore high waisted bergundy shorts and a button down shirt. The shirt was covered by a navy blue sweater with a white heart pattern on it but the collar poked out, the sleeves to both were rolled up to her elbows. She wore brown combat boots and grey socks that went up to just above her knees.

Drake had given Damian a genuinely staggering list of questions for Marinette, it would be a miracle if Damian even had a moment to ask her one let alone a forty. They had been given permission by the school to visit the palace of Versailles tomorrow, the drive could be spent asking questions but they wouldn't have the privacy necessary for most of them. Damian knew he'd have to keep his eyes open for times he could discreetly pull the girl aside and ask her.

They first toured the eiffel tower, taking the elevator up before finishing the way up on foot. Most students were exhausted before they reached Gustav Eiffel's office so they went down early. The view was nice either way.

Damian pulled Marinette towards the back and told her that his mongrel of a brother gave him more questions.

"Why can't he just call and ask?" Damian knew the answer to that, he always sanitized her answers to what would be necessary for the file. None of his nosy family should learn more of her old life than she was willing to tell them and Drake would never leave even the smallest detail out in fear it becomes significant later on.

"Do you want my brother to know everything you tell me?" Marinette closed her mouth and nodded in understanding.

"Exactly, in any event, the questions are dependent on the answer before so you won't have to answer all of them."

"How do you even remember everything we talked about?"

"I'm good at memorization. Let's start before we are dragged to another meaningless tour. Is Ladybug's lucky charm her only superpower and or ability?"

"No, she's super fast, strong, agile, I think a news report mentioned reflexes too." Damian nodded, the questions continuing as they made the steady walk down the tower. People seemed to notice their discussion and Damian shut it down.

The Louvre wasn't very crowded but the tour was, everyone tried to push their way to see the Mona Lisa while Marinette and Damian waited.

"Age estimate?"

"Highschool."

"Height?"

"Ladybug is on the shorter side. All her other partners were taller."

"Appearance?"

"You really need me to tell you that?" Marinette teased, Damian just skipped over to the next question.

"Drake must have been running on nothing but fumes when he wrote this, do you know her name?" Marinette started laughing as Damian looked down at her disapprovingly. It was rude to make so much noise while people tried to enjoy the art. She calmed down.

"As if." Damian thought the answer was unclear but her tone was obvious. He let it slide, assuming she was more casual when answering in french. The tour continued, Marinette tried to enjoy the tours but Damian kept asking her questions, pulling her aside. Finally, outside the Notre Dame Cathedral she'd had enough.