Chapter 34

"'Oops?' What happened?" Batman quickly got a hold of himself but the glow was visible from the other side of the city, things like that don't just happen.

"Well, remember the whole 'no magic' rule? ISortaKindaBrokeThat.ButInMyDefenseTheStreet-" She took a breath, "-WasReallyMessedUpAndForSomeReasonIThoughtThereWasAnAkumaSoI-" Another breath, "-UsedMyLuckyCharmAndNowEverything'sFIxed?" The comms were silent but everyone could tell he was sighing.

"Almost there." The girl paled at his lack of a reaction, was he that upset?

The bat-mobile pulled up, slowly driving towards them, surveying the spotless street.

"Oracle, you there?"

"Yessir."

"Any coverage?"

"Some, nanobots seem like a reasonable excuse. Media doesn't know what to make of it, no one has any video." He nodded.

"B, if we sell that whole nanotech thing she could use it more. Construction companies have had a hard time keeping up with the destruction and the repairs hurt businesses." Batman nodded.

"Get Gordon to release a statement. You two, back to Paris." The teenagers nodded, the Parisian moved to open her yo-yo. At the sight of the floating god Red Robin's eyes bulged out, the brat was right.

"What in the hell is that bug-horse-mouse-thing?!"

"Don't be rude, her name is Kalkki." Ladybird chastises, she leaves no time for questions as she transforms and opens the portal.

"Bye!" Robin is dragged through a portal that closes behind them with a big wave and a nervous smile. Batman looks so done.

Back in Paris, Ladybird quickly waved goodbye as she ran off the roof and into the cold night. Robin knew she didn't have much time so he let her go before making his way back to the hotel.

He felt the familiar tug of the grappling hook exacerbate his sore shoulder as he swung towards his balcony, lights turned on behind him- people must think he's one of Paris' heroes. He swung a little faster, not wanting anyone to see him and assume something was wrong. People tended to panic at the sight of him or his family's presence outside of Gotham.

On his balcony, Damian starts removing his suit. He was already feeling sore from the few good hits the men landed, once back in his pajamas made up of a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants, Damian grabs an ice bucket and heads out of his room to get some ice. Marinette is there, tip-toeing like she's in a cartoon.

Her hands brought up to her chest in a t-rex pose and her back leg curled up unnecessarily high, her back hunched slightly as she conspicuously made her way down the hall. It was hilarious. No, Damian corrects, it was weird. Her eyes pop out when she sees them.

"Uhhh.... what are you doing up this late?"

"I believe I could be asking you the same thing."

"Well, just stretching my legs..." She goes into a lung position, swinging her arms. "Yeah, sore from... all that uh- walking today. And you know, it's important to get a good stretch in every once in a while." She starts stretching her arms, still in the lunge position, he just stares like she has two heads.

"Right..."

"What-uh so what are you doing up?"

"I needed some ice, slipped and fell on my shoulder."

"Are you alright? How did you fall?" Marinette rights herself and walks towards him, her eyes searching for some kind of injury. Why of all things did she have to show concern for him? They were rivals, enemies was too strong a word.