F O U R T E E N

2 • 1 • 19

Jacques' Point of View

Today was Stormi's first birthday and her party. It has been one year since she was born. This morning me and Amani both decided that we should both wake her up together.

We got to her room and Mani opened her door and saw Stormi awake smiling and we both sang happy birthday.

When finished singing, I leaned into her crib and picked her up. "Happy birthday babygirl!" Amani exclaimed in a whisper as Stormi was giggling and smiling.

Amani's Point of View

It was my baby's first birthday. We were in her room and we sang happy birthday to while she was smiling.

"Mama!" She exclaimed stretching her arms out to me.

"Yes baby?" I asked as she started talking in her baby language and I acted like I understood.

After waking her up we all got ready for her party. We rented a big field, so there was gonna be rides, a petting zoo, foods and games. It wasn't that cold outside today it was around sixty or seventy.

When I finished getting ready, I put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt so I didn't mess up my outfit before the party.

I went to Stormi's playroom where she was with her nanny while Jack was getting ready.

"Baby!" I called out to Stormi. When she saw me she smiled and stood up.

"We have to get you your outfit, so you'll be all dripped out for ya party!" I told her as I picked her up off of her feet.

"You can go home now Ri, I'll send your paycheck tomorrow." I said to Storm's nanny Maria.

Maria was a cute old lady we hired a little before Stormi was born. She has always been there for us. She was kind of like Storm's grandma. She would visit even if she didn't have to work.

"Ok have a good day, happy birthday Stormi." She waved goodbye as walked out the door. When she left we were right behind her. We walked to Stormi's room and into her closet.

"Ok love what are you gonna wear?" I asked Stormi even though she can't really reply.

I picked out her outfit and she was wearing a light pink flowey dress, with white and pink air forces. I sat her down in between my legs while I did her hair. I put her curly hair up in a little ponytail/puff and used gel for her edges.

When I finished her hair I had her on my hip and walked to our room. I walked to my closet and grabbed my outfit. I was wearing a strapless light pink dress, with a custom jean jacket that said 'Stormtopia' on it, and white and pink air forces . I did my hair and curled it.

After getting me and Stormi ready we went downstairs and sat in the living room waiting for Jack.

I took out my phone and took a video of Stormi while she was looking at her iPad. "Storm look." I told her to look at the phone.