E I G H T E E N

8 • 16 • 19

Amani's Point of View

I woke this morning and it was raining. I was pretty sure Stormi was awake from the thunder. I got out of bed, put my hair in a low bun, and went to brush my teeth.

The house I bought for me and Storm had at least 8 bathrooms, 7 bedrooms, a pool, basketball court (I don't know who's using that), a movie room, and 2 living rooms.

It was a big place for just two people. Most of the time it felt empty, even though I had Storm and Rage with me.

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't miss him, because I do. Our relationship now, is like our friendship before.

After I brushed my teeth I went to Stormi's room and saw her standing up wide awake. "Good morning baby!" I greeted picking her up and kissing her cheek. "Dada!"

It was hard explaining to a one year old that her dad wasn't living with us anymore. It's like this every morning, I wake her up and she asks for him.

We walked back into my room and I turned on the tv for her.

"You wanna call daddy?" I asked. She looked up at me and nodded her head yes. "Ok."

FaceTiming Bug✨......

I pressed the FaceTime button and put her down on the bed and gave her the phone while I went to look for clothes

I walked into the camera view and saw him in the studio. "Dude, it's eight in the morning and your sitting wide awake in the studio?" I questioned.

"Yeah and what about it? I have a question." He said. "Ok I'm listening."

"Why are you calling me at eight in the morning?" He asked. "I didn't wanna call you. Stormi wanted to."

"Hi daddy!" She said smiling at him.

"Hey mama." He said back. "Ok so, are you guys still coming to the movie premiere for 'Look Mom I can Fly'?" He wondered.

For at least the past three years he's been working on this documentary. I wasn't even pregnant with Storm yet. All those times, like when we had my baby shower we added that footage to the movie, and when she was born. I surprised he still wanted me to go with him.

"Yeah we'll go, I'm surprised you still wanted me to go."

"Ok I'll pick you guys up soon." He said.