S I X T E E N

6 • 18 • 19

Amani's Point of View

It's been a couple months since my birthday dinner and it was now summer. Me and Jacques are still together, we haven't been arguing as much as we did six months ago, but we still argue.

He's usually doing business or going out with his friends, so most of the time it's just me and Stormi. Which I don't mind we've been communicating more, and what I mean is she's been talking more, and telling what she wants and when she wants it. Don't worry she polite!

Once again Jack was out doing whatever Jack does, so me and Stormi, well mostly me, decided to get Ice cream.

I walked out of the car and went to Storm's side and opened the door and got her out. I started walking to Rita's with Stormi on my hip. I had on sunglasses hoping I wouldn't run into anyone.

"Welcome, what would you guys like!?" The young teenage girl asked.

"Umm may I have chocolate please." I responded.

"Yeah, on a cone or in a cup?" She wondered.

"Uh cup please."

"Ok." She said walking to the back to get our ice cream.

"Here you go, that'll be $2.18." She said handing me my ice cream.

"Ok." I said handing her $3.

"Would you like your receipt?"

"No thank you, have a nice day!" I responded.

"Thanks, you too!" She said.

I walked over to one of the tables to sit down with Stormi next to me.

"Mommy!"

"Yeah?" I responded and she pointed to the ice cream. "What do say?" We recently taught her how to say please, thank you, and no thank you.

"Pwease" Looking at me with her big chocolate eyes. "Here." I said helping and watching her eat the ice cream.

"Mmm." She replied with a big smile on her face.

"Is it yummy?!" I asked while she nodded her head.

After getting ice cream, we decided to go back home because we had nothing much to do.

"Mommy, play!" She told me grabbing my hand leading me towards her playroom.

"Ok baby!"

We were currently sitting in the playroom and listening to Stormi sing.

AmaniParis