F I F T E E N

2 • 7 • 19

Jacques Point of View

It's been a couple of days since Stormi's birthday and she got a lot of gifts. So we decided to keep a couple and donate the rest to other kids.

Amani's birthday is in four days, and she told me she didn't wanna do anything. She was never really the one to celebrate her birthday.

I didn't listen to her. I'm taking her out on a nice lunch with our families.

It was now Thursday and we decided to get Stormi's ears pierced, because she didn't get them done yet. We got to the tattoo shop to get her ears done.

"Do you wanna hold her?" I asked Mani.

"Yeah." She responded as she sat down with holding Storm in her lap.

Amani let me pick out the earrings. I picked out Stormi's birth stone which was Amethyst, so the color was purple.

"Can you hold her legs?" The piercing lady asked. I watched as Mani held down Stormi's arms with one hand and I held down her chubby legs.

"Ok ready 1....2....3!" On three the lady put the piercing gun in one of Stormi's ears.

Surprisingly she didn't cry, she only squirmed and whined. Then the piercing lady did the next ear.

"I like em, you did good baby." Amani said looking at Storm's earrings and giving me a high five.

"Thanks." I responded kissing her cheek.

Amani's Point of View

After paying and leaving the tattoo place we decided to go the park.

"Hey I gotta take this I'll meet you guys out there." Jack told me as his phone rang.

"Ok." I said as I grabbed Storm out of her car seat.

I closed the door and started walking towards the playground with Stormi in my arms.

"Mommy!"

"Yeah baby." I responded

"Da!" She said pointing to the swings.

We go to the swings and sat down with Stormi in my lap.

"Weeee!" I said while rocking back and forth on the swings as she giggled.

We kept swinging a little bit more until she saw Jacques. "Daddy!" She cheesed showing her few teeth trying to get off of my lap.

I stopped swinging and let her down. She became a pro at walking, she acts like she's done it before. I watched as she almost jogged in a way to Jack. Like you just started walking and you're already jogging???

He picked her up and kissed her cheek twice. Jack came up to me holding Stormi in one arm and holding one hand out. "Let's go sit." He said as I grabbed his hand. He pulled me up out of the swing and gave me kiss.