two

"Hey guys, can I join?" You were running towards Kenma and Kuroo playing volleyball

"Sure-" Kenma was cut off by the other kid. 

"Ew! No! Girls can't play volleyball, you're just going to get hit and cry about it." Kuroo didn't even acknowledge whether or not Kenma wanted you to play or not. He simply did not want you around.

You, Kuroo and Kenma had been friends for a while, and for a while, Kuroo has always made fun of you or has been mean to you. Sometimes it seemed like he was just joking, so you pretend as if it didn't hurt your feelings. But moments like this hurt. You just wanted to play with them, your parents were at the store and you were alone at home.

"Kuroo I think she should play with us." Kenma walked next to you and gave you the volleyball. Your eyes glimmered towards Kenma who just smiled at you. Kuroo scoffed and looked at you, "Why do you want to play with us anyways? Aren't you supposed to be playing with some ugly dolls or something?" 

You struggled to say something, "I- Um, My parents are at the store and I didn't want to be home alone." It came out more of a whisper but Kenma was still able to hear you. Kuroo laughed and took the ball from your hands, "Look at you, your hands are so small and fragile your bound to hurt yourself with just tossing it up in the air." Your eyes started to get watery. He always does this. He always excludes you from what they're doing. It wasn't like this before, so why was he being such a jerk these past couple of months?

You simply didn't say anything and began feeling tears in your eyes. 

"Why would you say that? She's our friend and wants to play." Kenma glared at Kuroo. 

"She can't hang out with us, we're boys. Other boys will stop hanging out with us if she's around." No, that's not the reason why he didn't want you with them. Kuroo didn't want to admit it, but every time he saw you he would get these weird feelings inside him. He didn't know why only you caused them and it made him feel uncomfortable. 

"Kenma, it's okay, I'll just head home, my parents should be home soon." You looked down at your shoes and played with the ends of your shirt. "Can I come over and play later?" You whispered that part to Kenma and he nodded with a wide smile. "Of course, you go on ahead, I'll be right behind you." You smiled and turned around, walking towards his house. 

"Tsk, she finally left, she's such a pain. She always wants to hang out, doesn't she have other friends in the neighborhood?" Kuroo tossed the ball towards Kenma but he only dodged it and looked back at Kuroo. 

"No other girls our age live in our neighborhood, I don't know why you don't like her." Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows while staring back at his friend. "I'm going home, I don't feel so good so don't bother coming over." With that, Kenma jogged to his house hoping to meet you somewhere on the sidewalk. 

Kuroo was left on his own fetching the ball and dusting off the dirt on it. He didn't believe that Kenma wasn't feeling good so he decided to follow him despite him saying not to come over. 

As he walked up to Kenma's house, he saw through the window a lit up tv screen with Kenma's bedroom window open. Inside you were sitting next to Kenma playing Street Fighter. Kenma seemed happy as he fought your character he didn't realize Kuroo was outside looking in. Kuroo didn't know how to feel. 

Was it jealousy? Was he just sad Kenma didn't want to hang out with him? Why were you alone with him? Did you like Kenma more than just friends? 

Many questions started flooding his head. He didn't even realize there were tears streaming down his face. He started walking towards the front door of Kenma's house storming inside since his parents weren't home. He quickly walked to Kenma's room and slammed his door closed. You made eye contact with him scared as to why he looked angry but sad.

"W-Why are you hanging out with him? He doesn't like you, no one is going to like you! Stop trying to get into our lives." Kuroo was yelling at you while he slowly approached you. 

"I-I'll leave now, thank you Kenma." Your eyes watered again for the second time today. 

"No! Stay! Do you like Kenma?" Kuroo held your wrists while looking into your eyes. For a second you thought you could sense jealously coming from him, but that would never happen. 

You didn't like Kenma, you liked Kuroo. You tried so hard to get along with him but it was clear he would never think of you as more than a friend, that's even if he could actually label you as a friend. 

"No, no, Kenma is just my best friend." Your hands started shaking of how nervous he made you. Could he not tell you liked him? You would always volunteer to help him out with homework, especially in Science since he wasn't very good at it. 

"Sure, as if Kenma was actually your best friend. He's my best friend, we don't hang out with girls like you. You're always loud, and you smile too much it's creepy." His words kept breaking your heart more and more. Were you actually that annoying? Your parents always told you to be kind to people and smile, was it bad?

"Kuroo I think you should stop." Kenma stood up and put his arms out in front of you, kind of shielding you from Kuroo. "She is my best friend, and we don't like each other like that. Leave her alone and go home."

"It's okay, Kenma. I just wanted to try and hang out with both of you guys, one last time..." You whispered that last part hoping neither of them heard. "Kuroo, I'll leave, don't worry about seeing me around as much anymore." You pursed your lips together and gave him a small smile. 

"Thank god, I hope I never see you again." He turns around sits near Kenma's window. You looked at Kenma, gave him a hug, and left. 

You ran out of his house with tears about to roll down your face, but you didn't want your parents questioning you about it. 

You wanted to hang out with them one last time since you were moving tonight. Your dad had been relocated to another part of Tokyo so you would be attending your third year of middle school at Dosho Middle School, and then hopefully graduate from Itachiyama Institute for High School. Hanging out with Kenma and Kuroo was the last thing you wanted to do, this time you hoped Kuroo would actually include you. But you were wrong, today was much worse than any of the other days.

"I can't believe I liked you for so long while you continued to have the time of your life." You spoke quietly to yourself as you walked up to your room. "Why did I continue to suffer while you lived your life so carelessly. I should've known you would never think of me more than just a friend." You grabbed the last bit of things left in your room as you saw the moving company take some boxes out. 

Your parents told you to get in the car to leave since you would still have to unload once you got to your new home. As you sat there in the backseat staring out the window, your tears came back. Shaking your head and looking down at your skirt. Soon your dad started baking out of the drive way and drove down the neighborhood. As you drove past Kenma's house, you could still see him with Kuroo sitting on his bed.

You couldn't stop thinking about him, you wanted to forgive him for what he said to you, but you knew you were never going to get that chance again. 

Kuroo Tetsurou, I hate you, but I will always love you.