ten

The sun was shining through your blinds as you woke up

The sun was shining through your blinds as you woke up. It was Friday and all you wanted to do was go to class and come back to take a nap. Realizing that your friends were at morning practice meant you had to walk alone to school. You didn't mind since it was the only time of day you could catch a break from Kuroo.

You rolled yourself out of bed and opened your phone up. Your eyebrows rose up in shock as you read who had sent you a text. Komori Motoya from Itachiyama asked how you were doing in your new school. A wide smile appeared on your face as you saw Komori's contact pop up as a Facetime call. You clicked the answer button and was greeted immediately by his smile and sweaty face.

"Ki, you're alive!" He put the phone close to his face to get a better view of you through his screen.

"Of course, I am! Sorry I forgot to text you guys for such a long time, I was busy."

"It's fine don't worry, I was going to text you a couple of days ago, but Omi has been telling me to give you some space." You looked away for your phone, just hearing Kiyoomi's name made your heart skip a beat. You let out a soft chuckle when you heard a low grunt from the other end of the call, assuming it was Omi. "It's fine don't worry about it... hello Omii." You assumed Komori was next to Kiyoomi while having you on speaker since that was the only way he liked to talk to people.

Sakusa's face felt hot once he heard your voice, too bad he didn't have his mask on since he was at morning practice, so Komori saw his flushed face. "Hello, Kiko, I mis- I mean, how are you doing?" He coughed up the end of the sentence once he realized what he was about to say to you.

"I'm doing fine, how about you guys? I feel like we need to see each other more, I didn't end up moving that far by the way!" Komori smiled widely at his phone while positioning it in an angle where you could see him and Sakusa.

"We're doing fine as well, but everything seems so boring without you now. But we should definitely hang out! Where did you end up moving?" Komori continued his stretching while talking to you, it seemed like they were about to be done with practice.

"I moved back to my old neighborhood, and I attend Nekoma Metropolitan, do you know where that is?" You didn't get to look at their reaction since you faced your phone towards the ceiling as you started changing into your uniform. Thank god you didn't get to see Sakusa's annoyed look once you spoke about Nekoma.

"Wow, I don't think I know much about them. We don't usually get to play against them, but when we do, they put up a good fight." You let out a chuckle and went into your bathroom to fix your face a little.

"Hm, I don't recall you guys talking about them much. Omi was always Ushiwaka this, Shiratorizawa that." You tried your best to mimic Sakusa's deeper voice, but it didn't really work. It did manage to make Sakusa smile though. As soon as you finished washing your face you looked at your phone and caught Sakusa smiling and gave him a soft smile back.