six

Once practice was over, Kuroo seemed more at ease

Once practice was over, Kuroo seemed more at ease. Maybe it was your presence that calmed him down, or maybe it was because his team wasn't making too many mistakes while they practiced against each other. 

He took a quick shower in the locker room and changed as quickly as possible. Kenma saw how rushed he was and purposely changed slower. If Kuroo was going to keep rushing him, then he will simply tie and untie his shoes until Kuroo leaves him alone. When he did, he ran outside but once you came into view, he casually walked up to you. 

"Ready to go?" He startled you which caused you to lock and pull your phone to your chest quickly. He caught onto your actions and was confused. It wasn't his place to ask why you acted that way, but he was curious. 

"Yes, where's Kenma?" You looked behind him but did not see your pudding hair bestie. 

"He's not coming, he's walking with Lev and Yaku." Your eyes looked up at him and frowned. 

"I guess that's okay, let's get going." Both of you started walking in the direction of your home. Neither one spoke which made the walk silent, but not awkward.

Once you finally got home, you noticed your dad's car was parked in your driveway. "Oh, Kuroo, don't get nervous with my dad. Be nice, calm, and yourself." To him it seemed like you knew he was nervous, but you didn't. Giving him advice seemed normal to you, every boy must be nervous when they meet a girl's dad. He nodded and gave you a small smile. 

Walking into your home, both of you kicked off your shoes and put on slippers. 

"Hun, is that you?" Your dad called from the kitchen. He walked out into the dinning room where Kuroo was standing next to you. The older man's eyes landed directly on him and the first thing he looked at was his hair. 

"Dad, this is Kuroo Tetsurou, he's my chemistry project partner." He finally looked away from Kuroo and smiled at you. Kuroo made the first move and stuck his hand out to shake your dad's hand. This action caught your dad off guard, but still shook the young boy's hand. "Nice to meet you, Kuroo, please make yourself at home." 

"Thank you, sir." You smiled at your dad and pulled Kuroo into your room. "We'll be working for a bit dad, you can come in whenever you like." You waved at your dad and he brushed you off, returning to whatever he was doing in the kitchen. 

You walked in front of Kuroo to guide him into your bedroom. Once you walked in, you threw your backpack on your floor and flopped onto your bed. Kuroo walked to your desk and sat down on your spinning chair. You let out a deep sigh and closed your eyes. It wasn't normal for you to stay after school, not even when you went to Itachiyama. Staying longer than you needed made you a little tired, all you wanted to do was get into bed and sleep, but Kuroo was here to get things done. 

"Kiko, are we going to get started?" He poked your shoulder, but you shoved him away and turned your head in the other direction. Now he was the one who let out a sigh, he wasn't super anxious on finishing the project so fast since you still had about 3 weeks to turn it in. 

"Kuroo, I'm actually really tired. I'm sorry for making you come here, I honestly didn't know that I'd get tired from waiting at your practice. If you want you can go home, or you can just hang out, whatever you choose, I don't mind." You turned your head back and gave him a small smile with your eyes closed. 

"Thank you, I'm pretty tired myself, so I'll get going." He got up from the chair and grabbed his belongings. You got up as well and walked to the front door with him. As soon as you got there your dad walked out of the kitchen again with an apple pie in his hands. 

"Kuroo, are you leaving already?" Kuroo nodded and bent down to grab his shoes. "Oh come on, stay for dinner, it's late already. Ask your parents, it's not everyday we get a guest like you in our house." Kuroo smiled and looked at your dad. 

"Thank you, my parents are actually overseas so I have to make dinner on my own. But if you don't mind, I would like to join you." He was happy someone offered him some home made dinner. He usually goes over to Kenma's house and eats his take out food there while he does homework because it can get pretty lonely at his home by himself. 

You didn't mind that he was just staying for dinner. It was nice to have a third person again in the household. Ever since your mom passed away, both you and your dad ate dinner together when you were given the chance. Sometimes he wouldn't be home, so you had to eat alone, or sometimes he got home too late and didn't even have time to eat dinner. Having to eat dinner with him when you were able to, but since you no longer had your mom there, it was hard to carry a nice and long conversation with him. You simply asked him how work was and he asked you how school was, it didn't really go beyond that. He didn't ask about friends or if you had a boyfriend or not. He never asked, and you never spoke up about it. To this day, he still doesn't know about your ex boyfriend from Itachiyama. 

Your father was quick when he served dinner. The three of you washed your hands and sat down to eat together. After you blessed your food, you began to eat. Kuroo was overwhelmed, he hadn't had a meal like this in a couple of months, which made him kind of sad. Since he was usually busy with volleyball and school work, he didn't have time to be thinking about such depressing things. 

"Kuroo, is that a volleyball jacket?" Your father was once again the one to start a conversation with him. 

"Yes sir, I'm the captain of Nekoma's boys volleyball club." Your dad smiled and nodded, "What position do you play?" "Middle blocker." Your dad laughed and gave Kuroo a teasing smirk. You honestly didn't know why your dad asked, he didn't look like he had any knowledge about the sport. 

"Nice, I used to be a wing spiker for Nekoma back in my young and glorious days." This was shocking to you. You never imagined your dad as a sporty man. "What, Kiko? Don't look at me like that, I was a good looking and active young man back then." You giggled and shook your head. 

"Sorry, dad." Kuroo chuckled and smiled at your dad. 

Time went by fairly quickly as your dad and Kuroo carried on their volleyball conversation. You ate slowly and listened attentively at how much Kuroo loved to play the sport. He spoke about his feelings he had towards his team mates, how he felt every time they won a game against a tough opponent, and how it made him feel to lose against incredibly strong ones. To you it seemed like his love for the sport was amazing. The Kuroo you remembered from your childhood liked volleyball, but where did these deep emotions come from? 

By the time both males had finished their meals, you were still eating the last bits of your dinner. Kuroo decided it was time to go home once he helped your dad wash some dishes. Your dad and him walked to the front door and bid their goodbyes. 

Kuroo walked home feeling satisfied. Not only was he able to spend time with the girl he liked since his childhood, but he was able to express his feelings about a sport he was passionate about to someone who was willing to listen. His parents didn't have time to listen to him talk about volleyball much. They didn't know when his practice games or tournaments were, and he didn't want to bother them a lot so he didn't remind them. Walking into his dark, quiet home, he felt the sadness come back to him. His sister had already moved away and worked on her own, so it felt like he was an only child most of the time. 

Walking up to his rom, he thought about you. How you had never had a sibling and ended up a fine person. He thought you surely had made friends at Itachiyama, but didn't want to bother asking you. He wished he had been nicer to you before you moved away. He thought it was cute to mess with you sometimes, but even he admits he got out of hand sometimes. It's always been hard for him to express his feelings since he didn't have anyone to talk to. Hopefully now that you're starting over your friendship with him that you will forgive him and share the same feelings he has.