sixteen

The festival was decently quiet at 8am

The festival was decently quiet at 8am. Elderly couples walked alongside the creek bead looking at the hanging wisteria's above them. At that moment, yourself and Sakusa could've sworn to each other that you were part of those elderly couples. "You're pretty." A simple sentence, but it still managed to catch you off guard. The wing spiker who is notoriously known for not speaking and scowling at every stranger he meets is surprisingly sweet and talkative with you. This morning it seems like he must have taken a compliment juice because that was all you were receiving since you first arrived at the festival. 

"Stop it. Look at the tree's and not me." It was hard to hide the obvious blush forming on your cheekbones. Sakusa just smiled taking his mask off and placing a cheek on your now warm cheeks, which seemed to get hotter after the small show of affection. 

"I can't look at the tree's when I'm getting distracted by someone as beautiful as you." 

"Ok let's keep walking." Both of you share a chuckle as you continue to walk down the creek and approach the food stalls. "You sure are extremely sweet today, did you put too much creamer in your coffee?"

"I can't be nice to my girlfriend? I missed you ok..." You cooed at his honest statement, reaching up to cup his pale cheek caressing his soft skin. "You're hands are cold."

"Ugh you ruined to mood, Omi." He lets out a laugh as you walk towards the stall selling taiyaki. You quickly ordered two custard filled desserts and dragged Sakusa to the nearest empty bench. "Eat." He took a bite out of the fish shaped dessert sarcastically smiling at you. 

"You look so cute! Let me take a picture." He quickly shook his head, raising his hand up in an attempt to cover his face. Too bad you had already snapped a picture - blurry but cute. As you were distracted looking at the picture and eating the sweet treat with Sakusa, you failed to notice a pair of emerald eyes looking in your direction from the opposite side of the creek.

"Kenma, Kenma, Kenma!" The silver haired boy pulled his friends arm away from the group, dragging him as far away as possible - freaking out the faux blonde. 

"Ew, Lev, don't touch me like that!" Kenma yanked his hand away from Lev looking at him in disgust. "What do you want?"

Lev seemed to be panicking, not only was he more jittery than normal, but he was even paler than his usual skin tone. To Kenma, it seemed like he just saw a ghost. 

"I think I just saw Kiko with a tall good looking boy over there, look!" He points in the direction where you sat next to Sakusa, giggling about something dumb he said. Kenma froze. He looked like a scared cat. "I know that's her! But who's the tall dude?" Kenma still didn't answer, unsure of what he should say to his team mate. Does he tell him that's your boyfriend? Does he just persuade the wing spiker into believing the girl isn't actually you? "Kenma, they kissed!" It was true. Right in front of his face, Sakusa kissed the corner of your lips.