five

The weekend went by fairly quickly, you were happy you spent it all hanging out with your dad

The weekend went by fairly quickly, you were happy you spent it all hanging out with your dad. You were able to talk about school and his job which resulted in him telling you that he had a whole week off of work. You were happy to hear that your dad was given a small break, which he would still get paid. It was more of a paid vacation, but without the vacation. 

You were in school now, a pretty Monday with a bright sun shining into your classroom. It would have been a perfect day, but something always had to come up. Your schedule had been changed for the second time due to some credit transferring issues. Now you sat in a chemistry classroom next to the one person you didn't want to talk to at school, Kuroo Tetsurou. 

To your surprise, he wasn't bothering you. He was paying attention and writing down some notes. The teacher also seemed like a laid back teacher, she didn't mind that you were staring out the window for the whole class period. 

"Oi, do you want to be partners?" You were caught off guard by Kuroo's question. You smiled and turned back to the window, mainly because you didn't want to answer the questions and hopefully he would understand you didn't want to. It seemed that everyone in the class was already with a partner, so it was only the two of you left. "Is that a yes?" 

You nodded and looked at his desk. He had so many things written down all neatly and organized. Damn, if only your notes could ever look like that. 

"Yeah, do you want to get together after school and work on it? My dad's home so you can come over." You wanted to mention your dad so he wouldn't get an idea and think it was a study date. 

"I actually have volleyball practice after school, I can go over to your house when I'm done if you want?" You nodded, "It's fine, I'll wait for you. I want to see Kenma." He nodded and smiled at you. 

Class ended and you followed Kuroo to the gym. He stopped in front of another class and two boys walked out. One had a smile that could literally make you melt, and the other one seemed mad at something. 

"Kuroo, don't just stand there, let's get going. I don't want Lev to get there before me and slack off." The shorter one who looked mad actually sounded mad. He looked at you and his face softened. "Oh, hi, my name is Yaku Morisuke. Kuroo didn't tell us he actually talked to girls." Yaku smiled at you and you giggled. "Hi, I'm Kai Nobuyuki, vice captain of the team." Kai waved at you and kept his pretty smile. You could feel your cheeks getting warm by him just smiling at you. 

"Nice to meet you, Yaku, and Kai. My name is Hirugami Kiko. I'm actually waiting for Kuroo so we can do our chemistry project together." Both of them nodded and walked next to Kuroo. 

"So, Kuroo, since when do you ask girls out by making them your project partners?" Yaku smirked at Kuroo and winked at you, obviously trying to provoke him. You giggled and looked at Kuroo who had an annoyed expression. 

"Tsk, it's not like that. We're just doing our project, nothing else." Kuroo spoke back to Yaku, but you wanted to feed into his joke as well. 

"Aw man, and here I thought we were going to have an anime moment where we study, look into each others eyes and share a kiss." You tried hard not to bust out laughing, but his reaction was priceless. A small pink blush spread over his face all the way to the tips of his ears. He wanted to say something, maybe you did actually like him the way he liked you? 

You couldn't hold it, both you and Yaku busted out laughing. Wiping your tears, you shook your head, "As if, Kuroo, I was kidding. I would rather kiss a fish instead of you." He laughed as well to try and hide his pain. 

Thankfully, all of you made it to the gym to see a bunch of other students already there practicing. The three boys told you they had to change, so you walked inside the gym and saw Kenma sitting down playing on his psp. You both talked about your weekend and how you wanted to hang out this upcoming weekend as well. 

After a bit of talking, Kenma had fill up his water with someone named Fukunaga, so he left you alone on the bench. Across the court, a boy with a blond mohawk started crying and running towards you. He stopped in front of you and lifted his hands up to you. You were startled, not knowing what to do in this situation. He seemed to be in the team since he was wearing what everyone else was wearing. 

"My name is Yamamoto Taketora! A beautiful girl like you should be outside where roaming balls are out of your way and unable to hit you! Please, let me take you outside!" His head was facing downwards, so you couldn't look him in the eyes. Not knowing how to reply or how to act, you grabbed his hands. It seemed like the world stopped in front of Yamamoto, no girl had ever held his hands before. He looked up at you, and you gave him a warm smile. That was it, Yamamoto felt like he had seen an angel. 

"Yamamoto, are you okay?" A really tall person with silver hair stood next to you. Your neck hurt a bit from having to look up at him so much.  He followed the hands connected to Yamamoto's and reached your eyes. You were still trying to follow up with everyone. "Oh, you might not want to hold his hands for a long time, he might pass out. By the way, my name is Haiba Lev, first year, nice to meet you." The tall frost haired giant looked down at you. It made you feel uneasy, why was a first year so ridiculously tall. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hirugami Kiko." You smiled up at him while maintaining your hands connected to Yamamoto. 

Kuroo walked back into the gym looking for you since you were no longer near Kenma. He saw where all of the loud talking was coming from, and saw you surrounded by Lev and now Inuaka. It made him feel a little uneasy seeing you talking to his first years. When he called out to them to start their laps, they obediently left you and Yamamoto sitting down on the bench alone. He snapped his head back to see you sitting with his wing spiker and made him angry. 

"Yamamoto! Stop flirting with her and get to your laps." You giggled at how Kuroo seemed to be mad. Yamamoto got up and kissed the back of your hand as he jogged to the rest of the team. 

When Kuroo started to approach you he didn't acknowledge you. He kept jogging past you towards the door, eyebrows furrowed and a deep frown plastered on his face. You didn't want to ask him about it, so you sat back down and scrolled through your social media to pass the time. 

There was no reason for him to be mad. They were just his juniors acting innocent and slightly flirting with the girl he likes. Maybe that's what ticked him off, the fact that it wasn't even intentional, yet it made him feel a certain way once again.