seven

A couple of days had passed since Kuroo had dinner at your house, and you felt more comfortable being around him

A couple of days had passed since Kuroo had dinner at your house, and you felt more comfortable being around him. Kenma and him would invite you to sit with the volleyball club, and you grew very fond of them, especially the first years. These past few days you were able to joke around with Kuroo more, and he seemed to like to hang out at your house almost every day. After practice you and him would walk home, work on your project and eat dinner. 

At school he also talked to you more. He would meet you at your locker once morning practice was over and you didn't mind. Surely everyone's best friend hung out with them as much as he hangs out with you. 

Today he was a day he didn't come since he said that the volleyball club had a practice match. He promised he would hang out with you as soon as school was done since they didn't have after school practice. As you locked your phone after texting him back, you walked towards your class. It was the first day you weren't going to be bothered by Kuroo's dumb jokes. 

When you were about to get to class some random girl bumped into you. 

"Oh my gosh, watch where you're going!" The girl yelled at you for no reason. Being the bigger person you didn't yell back, "I'm sorry." She scoffed and smirked. 

"Are you the girl Kuroo was been hanging out with so much?" You pursed your lips together in confusion. "Oh come on, don't act dumb. You are surely just trying to lose your virginity to him aren't you?" What was this girl going on about? How could she make assumptions about you like that. 

"I'm sorry, I think you might be mistaking me for some other thirsty female. Kuroo and I are just friends." She chuckled and kept her provocative smirk on her face. 

"Sure, I said the same thing. But after finally having a taste of him, I couldn't help myself. If you are going after him you're surely going to have to step it up. I don't think he's into the nerdy girls who simply have a pretty face." She looked at you up and down. "You have to be as flirty as possible." She reached into her bag and took out a small box of chocolate milk.

Now you knew where this girl was from. The first day you saw Kuroo and Kenma, this random chick came out of no where and handed Kuroo the same kind of chocolate milk only for him to throw it away. You didn't know what her problem was, or why she was trying to give you advice for something you weren't interested in doing. Kuroo never talked about her, or any girl he might have dated or hooked up with. You didn't care enough to ask since it wasn't your place to know. 

"Look, I don't understand what you're trying to say. I don't like Kuroo like that. Kuroo is one of my friends and that's it, I think he's kind of ugly actually." You let out a chuckle as you crossed your arms across your chest. The girls smirk fell and maintained eye contact with you. "Surely you don't think I'm a virgin just because I am on top of my studies and work hard. Having a pretty face, body and brain can happen simultaneously. You obviously can't do it. You have a pretty body, but your face isn't nicely covered up by that much make up you have on." She glared at you after your last statement. You simply weren't going to let a random girl throw insults at you and get the last laugh. "Please, excuse me, I have to get to class." You turned around and walked away from her. The girl scoffed and walked away as well.

You were so caught up in the moment you didn't even notice that the bell had rung minutes before and your class had already started. As you walked into class and sat down on your seat, you thought about what that girl said. Did she really sleep with Kuroo? And why was it bothering you now? When she first mentioned it, it didn't phase you, but now it was kind of breaking your heart. Kuroo had slept with girls before, so was he planning to do that to you too?

Classes continued throughout the day and you were starting to miss Kuroo. During lunch you had to eat outside by yourself since none of the volleyball boys would be there. At the end of the day, you took your time putting your things up and walking to your locker to put your shoes on. Kuroo had been on your mind the whole day.

As you put on your shoes you heard loud footsteps approaching you, and suddenly stopping. 

"Kiko! I was looking for you." You could recognize Kuroo's voice anywhere. You finished tying your shoes and looked up at him. He was standing in front of you with a small smile. "I want to go to this new bakery down close to our neighborhood, do you want to try it out?." You hesitated to give him some kind of answer. After today you didn't really want to talk to him or hang out with him that much. "If you don't want to eat there, then we can just take what we order and eat at my house." Your eyes widened. You had never been to his house, and this was unexpected. 

"Sure, let's eat at your house then." You gave him a small smile. He put his hand out so you could grab onto him and stand up. You took his hand, which was a bit dry and rough, and got up. Your soft hand on his made his heart skip a beat. Never in his life would he have thought about holding your hand. Suddenly he remembered how ugly his palms must be due to how much he blocks. He takes his hand away quickly, but something in you made you grab his wrist. He was taken back by your actions. 

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to be so rough." You let out a small giggle that sounded like angels to him. "I don't mind your hands by the way, I understand they're like that because of volleyball." A smile crept on to his face, and he gave you back his hand. 

"They're not bad, Kuroo. You just need to wear lotion." You teased his dry hands and he chuckled. "Wow, thanks, Kiko. I have never heard of such a thing, do you have some?" You let go of his hand and dug into your bag for some lotion. You handed him your vanilla scented lotion and he actually put some on his hands. Once he handed your lotion back, he stuck his hand out again for you to feel it. 

Your fingertips caressed his palm, almost tickling him. "Hm, no amount of lotion will fix your dry hands." Both of you let out a laugh and you let go of his hand. Both of you continued to walk to the bakery in silence. 

You finally realized what you had done. Panic filled your body at your actions. When did you get so comfortable with him to the point where you held his hand for that long? And why did he let you touch his hand like that? 

Maybe denying your feelings for him wasn't a good thing. Deep inside you still love this boy, even if he did push you away throughout all of your childhood. If his intentions were to simply get in your pants, then he wouldn't be taking you to a cute bakery after school. He wouldn't be having dinner with you and your dad almost every day.