eleven

"Could you stop staring at her like that? It's getting creepy, Kuroo

"Could you stop staring at her like that? It's getting creepy, Kuroo." Kenma poked Kuroo on his shoulder once he saw his best friend gawking in your direction. School had ended and the two boys hadn't seen you at all the whole day.

Once Kuroo realized what he was doing he shook his head and put a smile on his face, "She's just so pretty, Kenma. I can't help myself sometimes." Kenma gave Kuroo a disgusted look and walked up to you. "I'm going to tell her." Kuroo's smile dropped and was replaced with a panicked expression. How embarrassing would it be for you to know he was basically drooling over you a couple of minutes ago. He quickly jogged towards the both of you just in time for Kenma to catch up to you.

"Kiko, Kuroo was-" He placed his hand over Kenma's mouth before he finished his sentence, leaving you confused. "I was just about to ask if you wanted to hang out with Kenma and I this weekend?" He quickly let go of Kenma as the setter glared at him. "Gross don't ever put your dry nasty hands on my mouth ever again." You giggled at their actions and hugged each one of them.

"Sorry boys I'm a little busy this weekend, maybe Kenma can join us today when we bake cookies?" You wanted to keep your weekend open just in case Komori or Sakusa texted you with some kind of plans. It made you feel bad saying no to the boys in front of you for the first time. Kuroo's smile faded for the second time once he registered what you said. You never rejected their hang out invitations, so why was this weekend any different?

Before Kuroo could say anything Kenma spoke, "Oh, I actually have a doctor's appointment in a few hours I can't hang out with you guys." You pouted and held his shoulders. "Kenmaaaa, please don't leave me hanging with this tall rooster!" He chuckled and pushed your hands away. "Don't say that when the both of you have been hanging out without me for a while now."

Both you and Kuroo froze and looked at each other. Neither of you noticed how much time you had spent with each other, and you didn't mind. The more time you spent with him the more it felt normal for you. At least it was Kenma who called you out instead of someone else, that would have been too embarrassing.

"I'm sorry Ken, we can hang out next week okay?" He waved you off while shaking his head.

"Don't worry about it, Kiko. I have to get going now or else I'll miss my appointment." He gave you one last hug and walked away, leaving you alone with Kuroo.

"Shall we get going, those cookies aren't going to bake themselves." He smiled at you as you took his hand, dragging him towards your house. Kuroo was so in awe as you held his hand awkwardly, so he decided to be bold and intertwined his fingers with yours. You kind of froze as you felt his fingers slip past yours and rest in the space between each of them. It felt wrong, or maybe you wanted it to be wrong?

He felt you tense up while he held your hand, "I'm sorry, this just feels more comfortable." You sighed knowing he felt bad for something like that. "It's fine don't worry, I'm sure any type of best friends hold hands like this." That hurt him. It almost felt like someone kicked him in his crotch because his long time crush just friendzoned him. His smile dropped but quickly put another one back on. "Yeah, best friends do this..." You gave him a small smile and resumed walking to your home.