seventeen

"Does Kuroo look odd to you, Kenma?" Coach Nekomata didn't fail to notice how poorly the team captain/middle blocked was playing at morning practice

"Does Kuroo look odd to you, Kenma?" Coach Nekomata didn't fail to notice how poorly the team captain/middle blocked was playing at morning practice. He wasn't aware of the events that occurred over the weekend. 

"Um, yeah he seems a little slow. His blocks are weaker, Lev has been able to spike through him." Kenma had been keeping an eye on his best friend the whole time. It was definitely weird seeing the provocative middle blocker suddenly turn quiet, avoiding anyone - it was almost as if his heart was broken. "Let me go talk to him." The old coach nodded and decided to end practice a couple of minutes early. Kenma walked towards Kuroo who was sitting down on the bench with his head down. 

"Hey." Kuroo looked up at Kenma but quickly looked back down, "Did coach tell you to come check up on me?" 

"Are you okay?" Kuroo chuckled when his friend avoided his question, it wasn't normal for the setter to ask him questions like that. There were many cases when Kuroo would get hurt and Kenma would never bat an eye in his direction. 

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." Kenma sighed knowing how his stubborn his friend was, there was no way he was going to get a good answer from him. "Don't know why you're even asking." 

From across the court Lev was feeling dizzy. "I don't know how I'm not supposed to tell Kuroo about Kiko. He's our captain! He's our friend! Yaku how do- OUCH!" Yaku kicked Lev's back, stopping him from continuing his minor freak out session. He was obviously getting too loud, and Kuroo might have been able to hear him if he spoke any louder. 

"Shut it, Lev. You promised Kenma you wouldn't say anything. How do you think he's taking it? How do you think we feel right now? Obviously Kuroo is our friend and captain, but Kiko is our friend as well. She's been nothing but kind to us since we met her, we can't just spill her secrets out for everyone to hear." Yaku had his back turned to the court as he continued to lecture Lev, failing to realize that Kuroo was approaching him. 

"What about Kiko?" Yaku stood there like a cat in shock, unsure to turn around and be smug about it, or continue to ignore him and simply walk away. 

"Oh, she's um, she's very pretty." Kuroo's eyebrow rose at Yaku's statement. 

"I'm not dumb, Yaku. You said she had a secret, why did she tell you and not me?" There was an offended tone to what Kuroo was saying. He really couldn't believe you would tell them a secret before you told him. Did you still not trust him? "Actually, I don't care. I'm tired of thinking about her." The captain quickly packs up his things and walks out of the gym, not even saying goodbye to his other team mates. 

The rest of the team stood there, not sure of what to do next. Practice had ended but school was  about to start. Everyone packed their stuff and changed into their school uniforms to continue their day. Kuroo changed in one of the school restrooms thinking about what you could have possibly told Yaku. He struggled doing his tie causing him to get even more frustrated. Groaning and fumbling around with the piece of clothing he simply walked out of the bathroom looking a mess.